Answer to Harry's Question last night

Mdyoung

Q To make a specific sports drink like INFINIT dont you need a blood test to find out what is personal to you?

On question 1...Yes, it would certainly help to know the athlete's substrate usage during exercise. I've tested all of my clients in the last month. One had an extremely high CHO usage (at 100w he was already at RER 0.96) and he does IM (bike 5:00-5:10). For him I will have to make sure he has a CHO-rich drink on the bike, especially. The beauty of infinIT is that we can change the recipe to accommodate athletes like him or those who are the opposite. The product can also be adjusted to the event. A 60-minute crit does not require as rich a CHO solution as a 5-hour road race. And, of course, there are other ingredients that can be changed also (electrolytes, protein, etc).

Joe

Joe Friel

Ta Mark

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------