Any IT people?

Richie Cross

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has any ideas about the following?

I was using a Belkin N router for a while which worked fine with my wife's laptop to her work VPN.

Problem was with my Xbox live gaming and always had strict NAT .

So, went and bought a Netgear 600 DGND3700 'top of the range' router which is great for my Xbox but my wife can't connect to the VPN. If she gets on the Internet, it's really quick but can't access her work systems.

Netgear say there isn't anything to configure but it's definitely down to the the Netgear.

We've swapped them over and it's works ok again.

There's a VPN wizard on the routers set up but we don't understand the stuff it refers to!

Hope someone can save me from putting the router on eBay!

Cheers

I used to have the same problem with my Belkin router. Wireless mode was fine for home internet use with my personal laptop, but I could not get onto my company VPN when connecting from my work laptop in wireless mode, except by disabling the WPA security on the router.

Presumably a problem with the VPN software on my company laptop, but I simply couldn't be bothered taking it up with the desktop/laptop support people so I used an ethernet cable instead for those occasions when I had to work from home.

Hope this helps (probably not)