Intermediate Bunch Dec/Jan/Feb

Tony

Hi Folks

I think we will wind up the "Intermediate" club runs at the end of Nov. As the winter weather kicks in, numbers will diminish and choice of routes will be restricted, so it won't make sense to run three separate groups over this period. Suggest we consolidate with the Main Bunch or 30-milers, as people see fit. (Personally I hope to do a bit of off-road cycling over the winter).

We will start up again in late Feb / early March, as soon as the Reliability Runs are finished.

Next year, I would like to try and establish a rota for planning/leading the runs. (I don't mind doing the organising, but it will be better if we can make it a team effort to ensure continuity etc.) To start with, maybe each person on the rota could have one particular route that they like and are familiar with. So we can maybe think about that over the winter.

Thanks

Tony

Tony

The main bunch will acept anybody, but like you the choice or runs will be limited once the weather changes and gets really cold but look on the bright side the rolls are great at the bagel basket and there must be about twenty diffrent ways round to largs.

Best of luck getting a different leader per run

Hi Fellow intermediates

Firstly thinking should we call ourselves the inbetweeners !

No no no lets not start that again close that topic right now.

Can I apologise to my fellow inbetweeners Mr Wong, Mr Thomson and Mr Carrigan, for not meeting up with you guys the last two weeks.

Suffering from withdrawal symptoms / missing you all.

As Tony was suggesting we could for the sake of dwindling numbers, as we approach wintry times, meet up with fellow wheelers whatever chapter they are in. Guilty of a bit of dwindling myself recently. No not really I went out with the gerbal killer yesterday (Ian M) after the football. We only got out for a couple of hours but it was a good run in some nice weather.

Although I was late last week (again) I did manage out myself and did the run to Stewarton that we did a few weeks ago, albeit at a much much slower pace.

Tony as I said before when the roads are not best suited for skinny tyres I am well up for a bit of MTB or cross cycling. Get in touch and we can organise something even drive to Glentress or similar

BTW John liking your current pic. Your a good man Charlie Brown

Take care out and about on your bikes people spesh in foggy weather, lights on

Cheers

Stevie

No worries Steve. Bill has a theory that your absence is due to "discussing Ugandan affairs" with your missus. If so good luck to you. Will certainly give you a bell if planning off-road trips.

Another thing that I have been thinking about for the New Year is the use of a scheduling tool such as Google Calendar for planning the club runs. The Club Runs forum is such a busy place these days that it can be quite difficult to see what is going on at times (if I find it confusing how much harder must it be for a potential new member?). I think there is a smarter way to do it. Google Calendar is a free tool and you can easily embed a calendar in a web page, a relevant example is shown below:

http://matlock.mybikeclub.co.uk/pages/ride-calendar

....ideally this sort of thing would be discussed at the AGM. Unfortunately I'm working this Friday night so can't go along, however it can always be discussed on the forum - I may start a thread concerning this. (We already have an "Events Calendar" on the main club website but it does not seem to be used.)