Fund-Raised Cardio Memo handed over to Hospital

Dennis

Those with long memories may remember my wee effort way back in April when I 'used' the Blackwood/Peebles 100 mile run to kick off the fund-raising for this instrument. As some club members kindly donated to this fund, I have attached a link to a ‘photo showing me in a 'handing over' presentation at Wishaw General Hospital last week.

The purchase and hand-over were delayed due to various difficulties relating to the charity that deals with the hospital, as well as the no small matter of VAT. In the end, I bought the cardio memo direct, for £565. The ‘photo shows the retiring consultant, Dr R Baxter (who sorted me out last year!), and some of his staff. The box containing the cardio memo is being presented by me to the recently appointed consultant, Dr C White.

One of our club members, David Jack, has been able to obtain from his firm a further £500, which will be sent in due course to the charity, with a request that they use this money to buy a second cardio memo. Fantastic work, David!

I understand that the hospital is the only one in Scotland, which has made these instruments available to patients with heart rhythm problems. They are used to record palpitations and 'faint conditions' at the time they occur, and to send the data down a 'phone line, in order that proper and immediate diagnosis can be made by the hospital.

I raised money for this small project because the hospital did not have many cardio memos, otherwise my own treatment would have been much quicker. After that, I didn’t want someone else having to wait as long as I did.

A BIG thank you to all who donated. :grin:

Dennis

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj26 ... C_0015.jpg