Clarkston to paisley

Straight6

Hulloo rer,

Yip it's another noobie :roll:

But as the title say's is there any cycle track's ect from here to there, I haven't been on them for years and even when I was they were full of the "sportsgear" ned's...mr burberry & co :uzi .

I also not as fit as most of you guy's gal's here so it'll take a while to get my auld body back in action again :-P .

don`t know if there are any cycle tracks, but I`m from Newton mearns and I think there`s a coupleof others local to you.

I`ve been registered in the forum for about two years but never actually managed to join or get to the club for one reason or another. ( the guys are pretty good help with info) but if you are going out for a ride from clarkson and need company maybe we could hook up.

I`m not that quick either, I entered my first race and came 13th out of 14 a couple of weeks back.

Maybe we could become country memebers - the south side division of. etc..

Yea that'd be great.....but Gregor like I say I'm kinda rusty on the auld bike, I was fine with motorceekle but pedal power's a wee bity diffirent than just twistin' a throttle.. :lol:

If you cant let me know about the south side thing, and if it's not allready set up then we could maybe start it.

From Clarkston you could go down Clarkston road, into Linn Park. Then follow the tarmac track to cathcart. From here follow signs to Pollock Park where you can pick up the cycle track that takes you to Paisley.

This is about 4 or 5 miles longer than cycling direct through Darnley etc but it is generally flat and interesting. Not too many neds but this will obviously depend on time of journey. Also the whole route is tarmac so can be ridden on a road bike.