Sunday 29th April GenFruin/Glen Douglas depart 9.00am

• 2023 Subscriptions

A well chosen route with a great bunch.  The weather was just right for the whole day, the pace throughout was pretty much spot on.  The later cafe stop was not a bad idea, it is always a bit of a chore getting moving again afterwards, but with a familiar road back it was easier to put in the required effort.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Smashing run today. That Glen Douglas climb was a lot steeper than I remember. Cafe stop in Balloch was spot on. Good nosh @ reasonable prices. Only down side was after Erskine bridge ( return journey) my chain would not shift up to big ring. Had same problem a couple of weeks ago thought it was fixed but no gone again. 

• 2024 Subscriptions

Thanks to all who came out today. By the time we got to the bridge we had quite a big bunch.  It was great to be in the bunch again, at a business-like pace, but one which still allowed for the social side of the ride.

Glen Fruin and Glen Douglas were spectacular, especially the down hill for the length of Glen Douglas. As was expected, the stretch of the A82 was very busy, but fortunately we didn’t stay on it for long. After that, it was the usual route back. Longest ride of the year for me; gradually getting back into it.

Thanks  again.

• Life Members

It feels good to be back out riding in a bunch again, all those wheels to follow, so spoiled :-)

Great to catch up with all the familiar faces & seeing all the shinny summer “hardware” out on display, I particularly like Darryl’s new bright red Cervelo, very aero & bling!

Anyway, thank you Charlie for route mister & everyone for the wheels & company!

Hope that’s just the start of more runs like that to come!

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions
1 hour ago, chung said:

It feels good to be back out riding in a bunch again, all those wheels to follow, so spoiled :-)

Great to catch up with all the familiar faces & seeing all the shinny summer “hardware” out on display, I particularly like Darryl’s new bright red Cervelo, very aero & bling!

Anyway, thank you Charlie for route mister & everyone for the wheels & company!

Hope that’s just the start of more runs like that to come!

Cheers

Chung

Hey Chung, great to see you again on smoother roads than Flanders  (just).  But easy up on the "Hi dad!" and "Couldn't decide which Colnago to ride today" lol. :-) :-)

• Life Members
26 minutes ago, martin said:

Hey Chung, great to see you again on smoother roads than Flanders  (just).  But easy up on the "Hi dad!" and "Couldn't decide which Colnago to ride today" lol. :-) :-)

Haha ...... sorry, my bad, Martin! :grin:

But I’m sure you’ll have something soon to trump my ride!