Chaingang - Thursday 29 March 6pm

• 2023 Subscriptions

With the clocks changing that means the Thursday night chaingang is due to start :grin: - meeting at 6pm at the bus stop on Georgetown for the first few weeks (it will be a bit later as the nights get lighter). 

For those that havent done it before this is the route https://www.strava.com/routes/2016619

As a  training run / chaingang, if you get dropped or have a mechanical then the group wont wait. There will however be a regrouping at the top of the Clune.  If dropped on the west ferry there is an opportunity to take a short cut up Heggies. This is the route for that https://www.strava.com/routes/2016627 Don't let the fear of being dropped put you off coming out, it's a good training ride and one that will bring on your fitness  quickly.  Leaving it for a few weeks and trying to build your fitness up won't help as much as jumping right in, if you get dropped by Bishopton so be it - come back again next week and you will hang on longer.

Rear light probably a good idea for the ride home

• 2023 Subscriptions

Is their an algorithm for filtering out negativity? So depressed knowing people have such good excuses for not doing things. I’ll be along because I don’t have a life. No mates, no family, no job, no illnesses, no broken bikes, no sympathy. 

• 2023 Subscriptions
1 hour ago, Ian Archibald said:

Is their an algorithm for filtering out negativity? So depressed knowing people have such good excuses for not doing things. I’ll be along because I don’t have a life. No mates, no family, no job, no illnesses, no broken bikes, no sympathy. 

Mr A, think of all the negativity this forum filters out of  mainstream social media. If we could encourage more curmudgeons to vent on here it would be a positive for society.

Perhaps we could set up a venting column on the forum? I mean I just paid £3.20 for a latte in Central Station to get over the shock of paying £5.70 for a return from Paisley Canal. Venting about it on here saves my colleagues from listening to me drone on.

and don't get me started on the price of a pint.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Just wanted to reminisce before tonights championship gets underway.

Remember the famous Mctavish/Hughes breakaway, light was 'Amber', seized the opportunity to steal a small gap, we were like a classic Rolls Royce purring down the Georgetown being chased by angry 30+ bunch, sealed a classic 1 2 victory....

• 2023 Subscriptions
42 minutes ago, robster82 said:

Just wanted to reminisce before tonights championship gets underway.

Remember the famous Mctavish/Hughes breakaway, light was 'Amber', seized the opportunity to steal a small gap, we were like a classic Rolls Royce purring down the Georgetown being chased by angry 30+ bunch, sealed a classic 1 2 victory....

Legends were made that night as the 2 unassuming and modest heroes rode their way into the Georgetown hall of fame. Such a display of daring and panache will echo down through the generations. Hello,beer!!

• 2023 Subscriptions

UCI Cyling Regulations 2.3.034

2.3.034 It shall be strictly forbidden to cross level crossings or red lights when the barrier is down or the lights are red. Apart from risking the penalty for such an offence as provided by law, offending riders shall be eliminated from the competition by the commissaires(Billy).

:):P 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good run out. Took three attempts to clip in at the lights in Bishopton, by which time I was 30m off and going backwards. Solo'd round the rest of the route and home again, completely shattered.