Langbank Hilly TT #1, Saturday 17th March

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

This is the first of 2 Langbank Hillys at the beginning of the season, with a further one scheduled near the end.

The start is in Langbank, just along from The Wheelhouse restaurant. The course runs up the B789 all the way to the small roundabout in the middle of Houston, where you turn and re-trace most of the way back to Langbank. The end of the course cuts off to the left before the last steep downhill section and finishes at the entrance to Gleddoch Country Club.

09:45 meet, first rider off at 10:00.

Here is a link to the route:http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/650383978

An undulating course, reasonably quiet but occasionally rough road for those yet to do their first TT, open to those who intend to join the club or are already a member.

As usual we need 2 volunteers for pushing off and timekeeping. I will not be riding, so I will timekeep.

I will ride the route this week, and post the risk assessment no later than Friday evening.

The Championship will be decided based on the results of all the TTs on the route in the season with 20, 15 & 10 points awarded for each 1st, 2nd & 3rd place achieved. The competitor with the most points will be the winner.

Following the race, there will be a short expedition to Bridge of Weir for tea, coffee and scones, although possibly not all at once.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Just cycled the route tonight and there's a hole in the road with temporary traffic control. I'll look into again on Friday afternoon, but if the works are still there, I'll have to postpone the event.

• 2023 Subscriptions
1 hour ago, AlanT said:

Just cycled the route tonight and there's a hole in the road with temporary traffic control. I'll look into again on Friday afternoon, but if the works are still there, I'll have to postpone the event.

Alan, if the course is unrideable can we do a Georgetown event instead? I’m desperate to get a TT in.

• Members

The pictured section of road is in a shocking state. I reported it to the council weeks ago, but no sign of any repairs last time I was down there.

(The road leading into this section in the opposite direction, westbound, is also in poor condition.)

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 17.12.57.png

• 2023 Subscriptions
2 hours ago, Richard said:

The pictured section of road is in a shocking state. I reported it to the council weeks ago, but no sign of any repairs last time I was down there.

(The road leading into this section in the opposite direction, westbound, is also in poor condition.)

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 17.12.57.png

It's not as good as that. It's practically a gravel track for about 20m. If I was taking part, I'd be thinking about robust wheels rather than light ones.

• 2023 Subscriptions

The risk assessment for tomorrows event.

In addition, there is mud on the road at Towncroft farm, about 2 miles from the start, which is where the temporary traffic control was, probably affecting the return leg more than the out leg. I will brief on this at the start line tomorrow.

So, who else, apart from Gerard and George, is in for this.

I will timekeep, but we need more riders and a holder would be good too.

doc 20180316 JWCC Risk Assessment - Langbank Hilly.pdf