Last week of track league - 14 March

• 2023 Subscriptions

Fun night.  First was a 40 lap points, group of 4 of us had small gap and i won the 2nd sprint and continued riding thinking the others were going to do the same. They sat up though. Decided to push on and got about half a lap but then the bunch started chasing and it came back together a lap before the next sprint and i couldnt respond. Recovered a bit for the final one got a 4th in that i think and 4th overall. Next was scratch. Few attempts to get a break going but nothing stuck but still thinned the field. About midway through i somehow got dazzled (maybe a camera flash or looking at the light) and was seeing stars in my left eye...not good! However despite that should eally should have done better in the final sprint was 2nd wheel with 3 to go  to go but waited too long and ended up getting boxed in and not really able to sprint ended up 5th or 6th. Devil...felt comfortable but made a mistake when it was down to 6 riders, i thought it was 8 left and i was trying to work myself out of a box thinking there were a couple of riders still behind me. There wasnt! My worst result in the elimination all winter i think.

Anyway was an enjoyable season, 19 race evenings with 1 cancelled for snow.  Had intended to do less this year but it gets addictive and im a lost cause :D