Reliability Run 1, Sunday 4th Feb Tour Of Renfrewshire

AlanT

• 2024 Subscriptions

So nice to actually be outside on the bike. The 9.30 group was a mixture of old faces and new- Hello to John, Rachid and Garry:grin: We had a few mechanicals (2 punctures and I think Charlie lost his pedal!).

Thanks to all who took part, especially Iain McG for the soup and Alan for organising. Thanks also to  the other feeders, key holders and assorted helpers.

Same next week?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Left pedal sheared off  on Clune either due to my magnificent power or bike neglect. Defo a reliability run as my club mates bar McGinty can be relied on to disappear up the road without a backward glance. Felt like BrendanCole from Strictly.  

• 2024 Subscriptions

Charlie

You know we wouldn't leave you in the lurch :grin:. Ian had already said he was considering a short cut to club rooms before he went back for you. Assumed you would either join Ian or if pedal not fixable, you could get home. Either way we knew you'd be OK. Seeme?Seehappy?

Edited by Darryl Gunson

• Life Members

Last minute change of plan for me, went with the earlier 0900 Bunch as I needed to start & finish early, but I was running late so solo on chasing the Bunch, got to Bishopton  before I joined the group. Great to catch up with those who I haven't seen for a while, including Alan (Charlie's friend from Largs) who I last met while riding around in Girona back in 2010 with the Wheelers! Good to see him again indeed! No mechanical at all - real bonus ......... well, apart for some squeaky disc brakes :-)

Got back to the club room but didn't hang around for the soup & social, had to head home pronto, sorry about that!

Thanks for the company & wheels today, also to AlanT for organising & the food/beverage personnel, Cheers!

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks to Ian for  homemade soup, the others for food and  to Alan T for organising.  Good to meet Alan from Largs on his first Wheelers  run in this country  as Chung has ridden with him overseas, and i have given the discs a good clean, but they will still squeak for the rest of the winter no doubt.