Lapierre SCX6 - Strathclyde Park Cyclo-Cross - Sunday, February 4, 2018

PaulL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Got to love the Strathclyde course its got a bit of everything, Myself and David got gridded(another first) but followed the outside line at the start and ran into a swamp and lost a good few spots, this is why checking the course out is a must ;) Davie had a another mechanical on lap one and I thought that would be the last I saw of him. I had the family pit crew today and and did a couple of bike changes... having a clean bike was great and help me maintain my place and gain a few, but checking the brakes on your spare bike before a race is a must ;) . On the last lap I saw Davie not far behind on the red gravel climb and put a few digs in I thought I was safe as I came to the finish line and stopped pedaling and rolled towards the line just as I crossed I saw a flash of blue and yellow as Davie sprinted across the line... cheeky **** luckily my forward momentum due to extra muscle I carry :-P placed me ahead of him although we got the same time, but great recovery from him from a mechanical(again) Thats the series over for this year and out of the 230 riders We placed 33rd and 37th  which aint too bad, Davie would have been close to the top 20 if he hadn't had so many mechanicals this year, a few more races left if anyone fancies jumping in the pond!

27368701_1966518613602200_2088360746413032064_o.thumb.jpg.f4498e7ce2a51279e004308ff3014e27.jpg

27336850_1966519540268774_7438754874018702593_n.jpg

Aye it was good fun again and it is definitely a good course. No excuses with the mechanicals most of them (including yesterday) being the result of my own stupidity more than anything else ...at the end of the day the defining measure of where you end up is how good you are.

Those skin-suits are flattering! Now consider that the large ProVision version is apparently tight on Robbie!