100K Fairlie Moor and Old Largs Road

AndrewD

Pref 9.00am start, Sun up 8:40, although enough votes for 9:30 I will concede.

Track Club Rooms to Kilbirnie, then Dalry, Fairlie Moor Road, and then coast.  Bagel Basket for some pastries and a choice of  beverages.  Over the Old Largs Road, round and the hardest part of the Clune on to the Old Greenock Rd, turn off on the Finlaystone Road into "I'm from Kilmacolm", track back to club rooms.

Me, Peter G and Paul already signed up

Myself, Chung, Peter and Paul set off from the club rooms this morning heading down the track toward Kilburnie (on route we met Paul C heading back to the club rooms).  It was an easy ride to the Bagel Basket as the wind was behind us, where we partook of refreshments.  We left the Bagel Basket and Paul to make his own way home as a wind battered Paisley Velo arrived, not far behind them was the Main Bunch, also a bit strewn by the wind. We headed over the Brisbane Glen with the greatest of easy (and a puff of wind), then back down onto the coast and up the Clune and onto the the Old Greenock Road.  We parted company with Chung after Langbank, as he was looking for extra miles (or was he continuing his quest for the Holy Grail of Cafe Stops). Peter and myself continued back to Houston as we missed the original turn for "Kilmacolm".  Here the wind turned against us, but we were not far from home.

• Life Members

Thanks for the company & route today, Andrew!

It was great to catch up with you & Peter, also meeting Paul too!

The thought of another café stop did cross my mind but was trying to get home "early-ish", so just plough on against the head wind, was totally emptied by the time I got on the A77!

Tired but happy with the km bagged :-)

Cheers

Chung

• 3 months later...