2018 Confined Event Calendar

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

I have attached the draft confined event calendar for the upcoming season.

In putting this together, I have taken cognisance of the feedback elsewhere, and moved early season Chocolate events to a Wednesday night to gauge what difference that makes to attendance, Later season event are retained on a Tuesday so that we can have a direct comparison. There is an option to absorb the mid season chocolate events into the CTT events if Tuesday night attendance is poor.

There are some  dates missing for the Jim Daly RR, the Habbie Habble and the Sam Dooley. I'd be grateful if we could have dates firmed up for these ASAP.

I know this won't suit everyone, but the bottom line is that there is no single solution that suits all riders.

If club members do not take part, these events cannot continue.

PDF 20171231 Draft 2018 Confined Event Calendar.pdf

• AlanT pinned this topic
  • 2023 Subscriptions

What we voted against at the agm was a proposal to absorb some of the confined events into the CTT framework. 

Participation at last years events was generally very poor, so we must try something different,  or the  events wil die. It's up to the active membership to support the events by turning up and taking part. If that doesn't happen, then those events will stop.

There's no point in having a race if no one turns up.

By moving a small number of events to a Wednesday, we have the opportunity to compare Tuesday night attendance with Wednesday night attendance., and then make a decision on the following year.

I also do not believe that we can realistically  compete with the Georgetown league (Wednesday), so we have to offer an alternative. For this year at least.

I'm open to suggestions on alternatives.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Ok, there is no clash. All the mid week confined events pre May are Wednesday, after which they revert to a Tuesday, thus avoiding a clash. 

Depending on numbers, we can switch things around during the summer.  If members don't take part, our events will die.

• 3 months later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Planned work on the A8 Westferry on 15th May means that I have had to re-arrange the schedule slightly.

Chocolate Series #5 comes forward from 5th June to 15th May

The Frank Lauder 10 moves from 15th May to 22nd May

League of 10 #4 moves from 22nd May to 29th May

League of 10 #5 moves from 29th May to 5th June

And that brings us back on plan again.

• 3 months later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Due to an oversight on my part, I've had to move the Hill climb championships back a week. These will now take place on 7th October - assuming of course that the Road Closure application (submitted today) is accepted.

• AlanT unpinned this topic