Track league 29 November

• 2023 Subscriptions

Another enjoyable night. First race, usual story - nowhere. Second race scratch, off the front in a 6 man break. Lapped most of the field and think i ended up 5th. Third was a points, 2nd in 1st sprint and group of us off front. I was at back we went past a lapped rider and they dropped down mid line- then they lost the wheel which caused a split and missed out on a sprint that way. Same thing happened later on with about 3 laps to go. I think i was 4th in the final sprint but it felt like a lot of effort for not much return. Last was a devil tried my usual tactic but didnt work out midway through.

Regarding our discussion earlier about this year compared to last - i looked at the garmin file for the 30 lap scratch and points, the race part (minus the rollout and warm down)  was over 30mph.  I havent had power on track for a year yet so cant compare like with like but using cadence as a substitute (and same gear 52x15) ive noticed i'm typically about 3 or 4 rpm higher than last winter (which is about 111 for the longer races) Thats just under 1mph difference - so its not just your imagination that its going a bit harder!