Lochore cx 19/11/17

Alan McLean

• Committee

Me.

Completely flat but potentially muddy meadows. Somehow punctured last year on the softest grassiest course in Scotland.

Organisers get an award for the endless spirals and proper double hurdles.

Happiness is unlimited stakes and a fresh 500m reel of flicker tape.

Who in?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Committee

Another day of crispy aurumn weather. Gound was frozen for the earlier races but eventually softened to the correct consistency.

Jamie Thomson and Mulholland junior in the youth races. Duncan and I in the old guys' race. I was very disappointed that our El Presidente DNSd due to a little cold. Historically this is a pan flat course but the organisers found some actual steps to liven things up. The spiral was much fun, four decreasing circles anti-clockwise followed by four or five to unwind. Bonkers, entertaining and hard work, the only let up was the 180deg turn at the centre to reverse direction.

I could not clip in at start so bang went 10 places into the singletrack. Duncan and I waved to each other in the spirals. I got very tired. Plus ca change.

Davey and Paul looking good in a very strong V40 field. Apologies for jeering at Paul who seemed a bit rubbish on the final lap but, unknown to me, had a front puncture so massive chapeau for finishing while holding off the mob behind.

A great day out with racing for all ages, skills and sexes. It was super to see so many families. Big womens' field, there are too many to ride with the men now which means that they no longer leave me wallowing. Hurrah.

This is the most accessible and friendliest cycle sport and they even have an espresso van. I can't race next weekend so any newbies around 5'8-6' would be welcome to borrow my bike for Plean.

• 2023 Subscriptions

A good turn out for the Wheelers, might need some training for our Pit crews :grin::grin: Was looking forward to a last lap duel with Davie but no to be.... first time on Tubs this year and puncture, back to tubeless! Cheers for Jeering me on Alan & Crew I would have lost a few more places if you hadnt ;)

Aye...really enjoyed this one with superb fast course.

First time this year I have not sabotaged my own bike so was only held back by my own ineptitude and lack of fitness and was obviously holding a wee back to crush Paul on the last lap.

Usual crap start with people seemingly unable to ride in a straight line without crashing? So a bit of an effort to catch up with Paul's group early on and had some good racing duels through the spirals to keep it interesting throughout.

Volgas.