PleanCX 2017 Cyclo-Cross , Stirling – Sunday, 26 Nov 2017

PaulL

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Saw Martin in the 50s looking determined and a bit muddy, the course was cut short for safety and missed out the long climb which was murder last year...  I was suffering from a party the night before(insert excuse here) and was feeling a bit sorry for myself, on the whistkle I went full guns and made up a Ton of places and was feeling great... approximately 2 mins later I exploded in a very undramatic cycle to work manner, DavieB passed me a few moments later and tried to encourage me on, but as they say in Scotland "Games a bogey" or something like that. Still manage 27th which aint bad considering, always worth the effort to get to these races but next time im staying in bed ;)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Sorry I missed you and Davie racing Paul - was too busy stuffing my face with a burrito. 

Cracking course, still frosty and snowy enough for the greater part of it when I raced so we probably had it a bit easier than you. Was also glad to see the long drag had been cut from the course as that's where all the fit people normally pass me. Am recovering from 5 weeks of lurgie (my excuse) so just used the event to test out lungs and legs. Nothing to write home about.

In earlier races Jet Ollie won under 12 and Jet Ruairi 2nd u14. Jets coach danny 15th in senior event which was good enough for bronze in Scottish Uni champ category. Decent day, plenty of muck to wash off bikes afterwards.