Marmotte Pyrenees 26/08/18

• 2023 Subscriptions
8 hours ago, Alan McLean said:

Good effort. Where can I find the full report from you guys?

Don’t think anyone is ready to talk about it yet. Usually get that “horrible but glad I did it” feeling after a week or two but it was truly horrific and never to be repeated as far as I’m concerned. Just too gruelling.

the event was brutal alone but when you factor in the sleep deprivation & the bickering it was just too much.

I’d definitely cycle in the Pyrenees again tho- a col or two a day. Solo.

• 2024 Subscriptions

Good summary Billy. Haven’t got much to add to this except that I think we all underestimated how difficult the event would be.

I would also like to thank those that took on the lion's share of organising and driving, and to Billy's house for hosting the BBQ, and Paul especially for cooking the food. 

For our wee house I'd like to thank George for organising such nice accomodation - once we'd worked out how to get there it really was a wonderful location. Similarly, I'd like to thank Ginty and Charlie for the car hire and the driving. Both did a sterling job, even when tired and stressed. Thanks!

Finally, the two Ia(i)ns cooked for our house. The food was great and the craic even better. Who can forget the two drunks shouting at each other about the existence/non-existence of God?

All in all I had a splendid time. Would love to go back to the same place and ride for a week, ticking off the iconic climbs in a way compatible with drinking wine and fine dining!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions
On 9/30/2018 at 11:50 PM, ginty001 said:

Don’t suppose anyone picked up a rear light from our house or the van, haven’t seen it since I got home 

Ginty, the light was in passenger glove box of van. Afraid I was so under weather I forgot to lift it.

A Europcar employee is likely using it on his commute. Handy, as the nights start to draw in.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.