Irvine CX

XXX

• Committee

Martin, Duncan, me and , I think Mike, in the V50 race. Pretty dry so I actually raced the off camber sections instead of just surviving them like last year. Unfortunately everyone else found it rideable too so I continue to slide down the rankings. The course had a few tweaks and was tremendous fun with some velodrome-like cambered curves ie on-camber (is that a even a phrase?) which made for swoopy fast riding. The sand claimed me once but again was pretty rideable. Duncan had rear puncture in first 200m which was a tad unfair, no idea of placings.

We stayed to watch Davie, Paul and George in the dads' race and Marc in the babies's race which was led by Grant Ferguson, elite, who was one of the few riding up the famous mental slope. One of the best races to spectate across the open dunes and especially the sand trap.

Nice weather, no rain, this might catch on.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great turn out by the Wheelers and Jets. V50s looked strong as usual. I managed a good start for a change and went out hard and lost my legs on last 2 laps I finished somewhere in the top 40 but mylaps shows a DNF! always something 😂 Well done to George on first outing and for Davie for finishing on the legendary Chinacross bike. Has to be the best CX course in Scotland!