LAPIERRE SCX1 - CALLENDAR PARK

PaulL

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great day in the mud, Alan Mclean, Duncan, Mike, Davie B and myself and at least 4 Jets took to a slick Callender Park course which deteriorated into a mud fest. I was doing a bit of Marshalling for the first few races and witnessed a lot of riders sliding  off on the off camber slopes to the cheers of the onlookers. I didn't get to see the other wheelers but everyone looked suitable dirty by the end. Davie & I Started mid pack and start was pretty furious, a guy a few riders in front of Davie hit a park bench but there was no stopping. I managed to keep Davie in my sights as we picked of quite a few riders, but it just got muddier and muddier! Davie went down on a slope and I manage to stay upright(its the tubeless I tells yeh) and the last two laps it stayed that way, just trying to stay upright. Excellent course  fun, we need to start further up the Grid next week! 

Aye the first lap was a bit of a farce the usual wee ramp up to the tree was much less of a bottle neck than the slalom thru the trees. Wish I had gone for the mud tyres as cycling is generally a bit easier when you are not writhing about on the ground. A decent off saw me slide about 15 feet past the bike, probably quite an impact as my head and neck is now in more pain than knee. On the bright side the impact did seem to repair right hand brake lever which from previous off was projecting horizontally out from the hood, I can't quite figure this one out as it seems still fully operational...

No excuses (apart from the ones about the tyres, the gear ratios, the.....) as was grubbed by the end and just focused on keeping Paul in sight the last couple of laps.

Onto Irvine......

• Committee

hard work for me, lost lots of places on the off camber, fiddled with pressure but I was hopeless.

Obviously I am fitter and more skillful than ever so it must be the kit. Got some Grifos on order, will probably be gluing them up saturday 11pm pre-Irvine.

On a brighter note the spectating was spectacular at the ice house bends, lots of slides. Best bit of cross is watching the next group suffering!

Really glad that Paul and Davie provide the entertainment.

Alan,

I speak from experience Grifo's are no use in off-camber, muddy conditions I was all over the shop on Sunday and had to run the long section as only spinning out  - more a good all rounder of a tyre than one for muddy conditions.

I will be on Vittoria Limus on Sunday.