quick update

kat1

• Members

I've not had internet access for a while but now I'm in the village I'm connected again!

The Games Village is great. Loads of different athletes from all different cultures doing things their own way! The best was the boxers from Ghana chanting/singing as they jogged down the road at 5 a.m.! It sounded great.

Just now I'm mainly training at the velodrome in between eating and sitting around. At this stage we're not allowed to walk around in the heat too much but our training is tapering so there's a bit of fill-in time. George is over now though so I can meet him on my days off (hopefully).

I'm starting to get a bit nervous about the pursuit as it's a pretty intense event. 12,000 people just looking a two people on the track - aargh! I'm sure I'll cope if i can still get on my bike by then after eating all the free food! Mmmmm.

I hope everyone back home is still out cycling in the -2 degrees. (George told me that's what it was before he left). It's to be 36 degrees here tomorrow. Yeuch! Glad I'm in the velodrome!

It's to be 36 degrees here tomorrow. Yeuch!

A foot of snow here last night - not much chance of a Sunday club run today.

All the best Kat - I hope the boxers keep the noise down a bit and let you get some kip ;-)

If you get the chance could you (or George) post the details of your schedule. I think there'll be a lot of early morning alarm calls and moving the tv into the bedroom for a couple of weeks.

Oh ya dancer !

SH

My research will doubtless prove flawed when Kat or George get a chance to reply - too busy sunning themselves no doubt :-(

Anyway Kat is entered in the Womens Pursuit and the Points race (according to the SC site).

The schedule was cribbed from the Melbourne 2006 track cycling site.

Friday

March 17 6pm-9:30pm Men's Keirin Heats, Men's Keirin Repechage Heats, Women's 25km Points Race, Men's Keirin Final, Men's 40km Points Race (Melbourne Park) Reserved $95 $75 $45 $135

Saturday

March 18 10:30am-1pm Men's Sprint Heats, Women's Sprint Heats, Men's 4,000m Team Pursuit Heats (Melbourne Park) Reserved $50 $35 $25 $75

6pm-9:30pm Men's Sprint Heats, Women's Sprint Heats, Women's Sprint Repechage Heats, Men's 4,000m Team Pursuit Final, Men's Sprint Final, Women's Sprint Final (Melbourne Park) Reserved $95 $75 $45 $135

Sunday

March 19 6pm-9pm Women's 3,000m Individual Pursuit Heats, Men's Team Sprint Heats, Women's 3,000m Individual Pursuit Final, Men's Team Sprint Final, Men's 20km Scratch Race Final (Melbourne Park)

Checking out a time zone converter it tells me the difference between London and Melbourne - they are 11 hours ahead.

Please check for yourselves as I'd hate to be held irresponsible :shock:

May I add my best wishes Kat,,, go get 'em !!!!!

Does anybody know the best thing for getting postyelling-at-Kat slabber marks off of a telly screen?

(Last required when Transvision Vamp were on Top Of The Pops c.1989!)

(And before that, most episodes of Tiswas)

(And anything to do with Felicity Kendall)

(And Olive from "On the Buses")

(And.....................no, that one would be really embarassing!)

(And.....................that one to!)

(And.....................all of those!)

Hi Katrina,

I've registered with the club forum so I can forward messages from other pcs. Ive used the Archibill name as a bit of a clue. We're all keyed up here ready for your big day. Emails round the office of the BBC schedules and videos at the ready. John C very unkindly asked me to tell you that you'd better be fast on your bike cos the drawings you left him are pi something something! He should talk! You might have a new boss when you get back as there were interviews this week for two new principals. Fancy working for Malcolm?

I was busy at Clydedale this morning myself with press, photographers and 2 Cooncillors and Atlantic rower Neil Wightwick. We were launching 5 new boats. A big turn out and lots of champers! Got my photo took for the Evening Times weekend spread next saturday. But I'm hoping to get bumped by an article on a certain scottish cycling medallist!

Lastly, Ive finally, finally recovered from the Don Smith although a check on the OS map this week confirmed that we had missed the Auchenbothie Road and taken another wrong turn that added 10 miles to the route. And me a navigator too! My only excuse is that most of the time I was chasing after David.

So here's hoping youve had a good rest tonight and fire on all cylinders tomorrow. Go do it Kat.

Bill.

Fantastic race Kat - you did yourself proud. The whole family was cheering you on Hello, beer !! (the last time my daughters got up at 7am on a Sunday was on Christmas morning so that shows you how excited they were). The club got a mention in the commentary which was really cool.

For anyone who hasn't heard Kat was 5th in the individual Pursuit (over 3km) with a time of 3:43.524.

Oh ya dancer !

SH

Hi Kat,

A great job well done. You'll be all the talk of the cake club tomorrow. If we get any prouder of you we'll have to adopt you!

Scottish Cycling results are having a real effect back here. The bulldozers have even moved in at Bellahouston Park clearing the site for a rumoured new track. I'll let you know for sure when the neighbour notification comes through the letterbox.

I've checked your track time and you are 2.685 times faster than me so either you have to put on 12 stone or I have to grow another two legs to ever have a chance of catching up.

Keeping everything crossed for you on Tuesday.

Bill.

Katrina.. you may or may not remember me.. I did your LT at Napier a few years ago?? Anyway, I am working in Barrhead schools now so am muscling up support in the youngsters for you as your a local hero! From all the kids in St Mark's, Springhill, Aucheback etc... BEST OF LUCK.... We're watching your progress and the kids are loving it ;-)