Promotion of Runs

XXX

• 2023 Subscriptions

As our bunches dwindle away can I ask who has the Facebook and twitter admin as would it not be good to use it to advertise our runs , just a thought , and now I don't want to do it for obvious reasons , seems we advertise everything apart from this

• 2023 Subscriptions

Posting on Strava works for me. That's how I heard about the club shop being open. More generally the weekend runs seem so bespoke that casual riders like me are put off. Early starts, funny meeting points, etc.  Renfrew Bunch might be boring but I know where they meet and at what time. Quite fancy a Sunday cycle this week too...

From a new member point of view:

When I was first looking for the club runs and other information my first port of call was to look for some kind of Facebook group. Now I am not facebooks biggest fan but in terms of integration into day to day life its hard to avoid. Most clubs etc seem to have these facebook groups as well as official pages now. (it may be there is a group that I haven't seen)

I joined the Southside and Northside Chainy groups a while back. I am updated, or see in my feed when a ride or whatever is posted despite not having attended.

• 2023 Subscriptions

we should advertise there, agreed.

Are the runs dwindling Billy? Is it because of summer and holidays, or is it because people have heard I am coming back out on a Sunday?

Just remembered I have the dentist this Sunday....

• 2023 Subscriptions

This spring a Facebook 'messenger' group sprung up kind of randomly called 'Saturday morning bike run'. It has a few dozen members from local clubs and it works well, you just post up and generally always a group up for something.

Might be worth a pilot for one of the 3 club run groups, if it was one messenger group for all it would probably get overloaded with messages and a bit confusing.

Overall I think the Bunch works pretty well for posting and organising runs.

This spring a Facebook 'messenger' group sprung up kind of randomly called 'Saturday morning bike run'. It has a few dozen members from local clubs and it works well, you just post up and generally always a group up for something.

Might be worth a pilot for one of the 3 club run groups, if it was one messenger group for all it would probably get overloaded with messages and a bit confusing.

Overall I think the Bunch works pretty well for posting and organising runs.

Messenger groups are all well and good but are they not invitation only? The Group pages area a bit more open and tend not to get a cluttered with rubbish back and forward. Might be a bit easier to navigate/manage/police.

If there was a FB group - a cross post between the Bunch and the FB page would cover all comers.

I tend to go with the Facebook message group now as well, as Ian says it's same time, pace and when route is planned it stays as is. The main bunch group has become disjointed with early posts which become changed closer to the weekend, times routes etc and main bunch pace is also disjointed, resulting in a lot of waiting around, suppose that's another subject 😲. Would be good to get us all organised...im just not very good at organising. Miby same time, club house, every Sunday, route to be posted on a Friday to accommodate the weather,as Jan suggested and Participants expected to hold pace of respective bunches. Just a thought...

• 2023 Subscriptions

That's what I like about the JWCC everybody has ideas but can't be arsed doing anything about it , I tried to organise the routes in advance, failed , ask you all to post rides and dates you wanted to do them failed , half of the bunch didn't even bother turning up for the runs they posted

So where do we go now ? Options do nothing that seems to be the easy option so let's do that and see what happens .

• 2023 Subscriptions

It would be great if we had a central place to post runs that all members have access too?  Yes! It's called the Bunch Forums

People are on holidays, weather or insert lame excuse here Well, hallawrerr china!  are main reasons why people can't make or don't show up on runs, Billy has done a great job of posting runs for a long time and sometimes it falls apart.  Some of my suggestions below 

1. Post runs to help Billy out, he does a great job(mostly)

2. Post if you are coming

3. If you post a run you should show up at very least

4. Don't counter post on a run because you want to do something else, PM the original poster if you want a change of route

5. Don't post if you are not coming because its wet, it makes you look weak  :P

6. If you are part of one of the many JWCC Sunday splinter cells that's cool, But does it help build the club? this includes me  :ph34r:

7. Cross posting on Strava, Facebook, Social Media etc. is great but the forum should be the original source of Club Rides as that's were we direct all members new and old

Again first world problems, post and ride  :smash  Ohyadancer!

• Committee

+1 Paul. Bunches always drop in summer because people are away. So long as all runs are stuck on the Bunch forum somewhere I think we are OK. I always post on the Bunch whenever going out on an unofficial bunch ride and do this right through the winter when we'll still easily get a dozen wheelers on a Saturday morning in January.

The big mix of abilities combined with differing domestic commitments results in a fanastical Venn diagram of potential combinations and I would not want to stop this but just accept that people will sometimes do their own thing.

There is no way any of us can keep up with (or police) every feed so I would ask that people keep the Bunch updated with their activities and don't change the big Sunday posts. If it is nice weather there will still be loads of people keen for a ride.

A special request to the more experienced or faster riders to please occasionally ride with the other Sunday groups. You will not suddenly lose fitness by riding a little slower for four hours and you might get to see the great countryside instead of Paul McDonald's rear wheel.

Post and ride indeed.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Posting on Strava works for me. That's how I heard about the club shop being open.

""More generally the weekend runs seem so bespoke that casual riders like me are put off. Early starts, funny meeting points, etc. ""

Renfrew Bunch might be boring

but I know where they meet and at what time.

Quite fancy a Sunday cycle this week too...

IMO that's the issue, different meeting points and times...

KISS -- keep it simple stupid....

Half 9 , Sunday morning, clubhouse...this allows anyone to rock up and ride, even if you haven't read the posts

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

It would be great if we had a central place to post runs that all members have access too? Yes! It's called the Bunch Forums

People are on holidays, weather or insert lame excuse here Well, hallawrerr china! are main reasons why people can't make or don't show up on runs, Billy has done a great job of posting runs for a long time and sometimes it falls apart. Some of my suggestions below

1. Post runs to help Billy out, he does a great job(mostly)

2. Post if you are coming

3. If you post a run you should show up at very least

4. Don't counter post on a run because you want to do something else, PM the original poster if you want a change of route

5. Don't post if you are not coming because its wet, it makes you look weak :P

6. If you are part of one of the many JWCC Sunday splinter cells that's cool, But does it help build the club? this includes me :ph34r:

7. Cross posting on Strava, Facebook, Social Media etc. is great but the forum should be the original source of Club Rides as that's were we direct all members new and old

Again first world problems, post and ride :smashOhyadancer!

Still my main go to area for club runs is the forum. Works well methinks.

Facebook groups come and go like the ebb and flow of a mercurial tide. But the rock of the Joansin club runs forum stands firm