Arran 22 July

Gerard Deeley

• 2023 Subscriptions

There was a really great day out last summer where we had a nice ride round Arran. It would be nice for a meet up to do it again. The pace will be determined by us on the day so that everyone can comfortably keep up.

Meet at the clubrooms at 0800 to cycle down for the 0945 ferry, or meet in Ardrossan for just the Arran leg. Once we have numbers I can reserve a table for lunch somewhere and a pub stop before the ferry would be nice too (bring lights if cycling back home!).

Post up if you are coming.

• 2023 Subscriptions

I enjoyed last year's 'social' Arran so am a hopeful starter for the 2017 edition if I can fit it in.

One point to note, the 9.45 ferry being the more sensibly timed departure on Saturday (earlier is about 7 I think) so could be busy with cyclists and day-trippers if weather is good. I am aware of one bunch of c30 doing a 5 Ferries on the 22nd (WCVelo) and they will be at Ardrossan at the same time as JWCC. There is no pre-booking for ferries so don't be late down, buy your ticket and get a place in the bike queue early! The good news is WCVelo will not need a return trip from Brodick!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Here is a quick summary of Saturday's social ride round Arran

Meet at the club rooms for 0800 if cycling to Ardrossan

Cycle track to Glengarnock then on to Dalry and the B780 to Ardrossan

Meet early at Ardrossan for the 0945 ferry, I called CalMac and they know we are coming but they do not do reservations.

Cycle round Arran going clockwise

Cafe Thyme just past Machrie looks good for lunch and I called to let them know we will be coming. They do not do bookings as such but I can call on the day and check it is okay.

A pub stop before the ferry home will be welcome, but is dependent on which ferry we can get.

I expect a group of us will cycle home and I will be taking lights just in case.

Coming so far are:

Graham

Paul

Ian

Karen

Jaki

Karen

Eric

Myself

I do not know who is meeting us or where or if anyone else is just holding out to last minute, but if you are not on the ferry....