Fenwick APR

robster82

• 2023 Subscriptions

Firstly, thanks to Alan and Paul for tips before the race. 

My plan was to basically get stuck right in, not hide and hopefully avoid any crashes, so decided to attack from the start. Another boy from Glasgow Ivy came with me and we managed to stay away for about 17 miles but got caught just into lap 2 from the other groups. 

I went through a couple of times with the scratch boys but should of sat in as it was a bit too much, you live and learn. Big Alan stayed with them whilst me and Paul worked hard and finished in the second bunch.

Absolutely loved it.

Cheers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great to see Robbie just going for it from group 1. In my opinion absolutely the right thing to do as if you wait for the scratch in your first road race then realistically you ain't gonna win or get near it no matter how good you are.

Anyway me and Alan in group 3 and we caught everyone except Robbie and his 2 up buddie by the end of the first lap. There were 2 laps of 17 miles. Shortly into the second lap we did catch Robbie and his partner in crime (nothing to do with red lights). The bad news for me and Robbie was that the scratch group caught us about a mile later. And they jacked up the pace on the uphill drag on the old A77. Alan did real well to hang on over the crest but me and Robbie met our Waterloo just after the roundabout which is real frustrating as if we could just have managed another k over the crest of the drag etc etc

So we finished in the second group probably about 45 secs or so behind the main group.

Fantastic day, on a personal note I really enjoyed the ride out and back with big Alan just because it was great to see him out again and it was a lovely day. And we had fantastic views of Arran on our way home :)

Thanks for the shout Chung, I was aware, but just concentrating on the corner at the time. And a bit out my box with exertion.

Happy days.