Langbank Hilly 10 TT #1, Saturday 25th March

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Following on from the Restricted Gear TT, this is the first of 2 Langbank Hillys at the beginning of the season, with a further one scheduled near the end.

The start is in Langbank, just along from The Wheelhouse restaurant. The course runs up the B789 all the way to the small roundabout in the middle of Houston, where you turn and re-trace most of the way back to Langbank. The end of the course cuts off to the left before the last steep section and finishes at the entrance to Gleddoch Country Club.

09:45 meet, first rider off at 10:00.

Here is a link to the route:http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/650383978

An undulating course, reasonably quiet but occasionally rough road for those yet to do their first TT, open to those who intend to join the club or are already a member.

As usual we need 2 volunteers for pushing off and timekeeping.

The Championship will be decided based on the results of all the TTs on the route in the season with 20, 15 & 10 points awarded for each 1st, 2nd & 3rd place achieved. The competitor with the most points will be the winner.

There are also TT league points up for grabs.

• 2023 Subscriptions

So far, I have 2 confirmed riders and a maybe, and only one helper. If there's not going to be any more than that it's hardly worth bothering apart from the TT league points. Come on people, I even organised dry-ish weather for the event.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Alan

I think it's the weather that may be the blocker, as I actually can't manage this week , have to paint plastered walls by Monday , which means working hard all day Saturday , would it not be worth postponing, and putting it on latter

• 2023 Subscriptions

What is the view of the riders on this? The forecast for Saturday is dry, but there is the final(?) Renfrew bunch going off on Saturday, and I think there's a number of people going on that. We can either go with it, in which case we need more riders, or we can slide the Hilly TTs back a week and hold the first one next week, and the second the week after.

Opinions please, and I will make call tonight no later than 8:30.

• 2023 Subscriptions

People, thanks to a general lack of interest, this event is postponed until next weekend. This will knock next weekends event into the following week, with the first of the chocolate series taking place on the intermediate Tuesday. The relevant dates are now:

Hilly 1, 25th March,

Chocolate series 1, 28th March

Hilly 2, 1st April,

Chocolate 2, 4th April.

That brings us back on track again.

On the upside, there's some good training in there

• 2023 Subscriptions

I should be out on Saturday 25th and 1 April. So that clearly suits me, as I am interested in how I shall fare in the TT points and missing one less must help.

For anyone unsure if the confined events are for them come along to a few this season and realise how good you are.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thread re-titled to capture the revised date. We still need riders and helpers to confirm that they will, er, ride and help. I'll timekeep since I'm going to the velodrome in the afternoon for some 'old gits' racing.

These events need the members to take part, otherwise they will just die. Get your name in to take part.