Track 15th March

• 2023 Subscriptions

hmmm, ended my track season with a whimper. Struggling to hold the pace in first two races and feeling shaky so did not wait for final elimination. Jan good for a 5th in the scratch. Alan getting some points in the points race, so well done chaps, hope the final races were good for you.

Ohyadancer!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good nights racing in the C group tonight. 10 lap course de prime, or, as I ride it, a 10 lap TT saw me finish mid bunch, , the scratch race was going well until about 2 to go when I went seriously backwards. Managed to pick up 2nd in the second sprint in the points race, not enough to podium, but enough to restore a bit of pride for the mature riders in the group. The devil was ok, out after about 6, possibly due to a mixup by the comms, but tbh, my legs were done by then anyway.

Ian rode a fine Devil in the B group, finishing off in style with not one, but two classic 'rushing the gap' manoeuvres as outlined by coach Billy. See, people do listen....

• 2023 Subscriptions

Enjoyable night. Points passed me by a little, was going for a break attempt so just followed the sprints, ended up doing neither. Scratch was better, pretty fast and managed to get a 5th. Last up was an olympic devil, really pleased with how it went. It's very rare for me to have a race where every move or decision i make is the right one!