Restricted Gear 10 TT 12th March

AlanT

• Committee

posted in Club Runs:

We will have a beginners'/referesher/prospective members' run for those needing bunch riding practice.

This will start on the Gateside Road about 1100 following the end of the Restricted Gear TT and meander back to clubrooms around 1230 with a possible coffee stop.

Run will be tightly controlled with focus on bunch riding skills, safety and etiquette and we will regroup after hills and stop for mechanicals. You'll need a drop bar bike, a water bottle and a couple of bananas.  Experienced club members welcome to help and to wind down after TT.

Prospective/new members very welcome.

Post here if interested, or if not registered you can get me at [email protected] for info

Alan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Clubrooms 08:45 for a meet and a leisurely ride up to the start. My thoughts were to do the event, then head over to lochwinnoch for tea and cake. Or scones.

Because we are athletes.

Thanks to Alan T for organising and Ginty and Alan for starting and timekeeping. First time on the TT bike in anger so a lot to learn. Like tighten handlebar bolts...

DNF for me. Well done to everyone else. Cracking wee route, and the bit I did I enjoyed.

Oh, and thanks to Ginty for the pre-ride entertainment in the form of car in muddy ditch removal challenge!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks to Ian and Alan for timekeeping and holding and a big well done to Anthony and Alex for their first TTs. Alex a bit unlucky with the mechanical that ended his effort on the second lap, but flying on the first one. And finally, a number of PBS all round on a slightly murky, cool day. Well done all.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well done to the riders. We need to change the start because it is very poor on fast LH bend.

Open to suggestions. I guess one alternative would be to move it to Coldstream Farm, just before the current turn 4?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Sorry it's late folks, been out and about all day...

Well done to all on a pretty dreech, cold morning .... scores on the doors as follows :-

Alan Thomson - 31.06 PB and retains his title - Well done Alan

Colin McPhee - 31.15

Dave Cowan - 35.49 PB

Tony Troute - 41.36 PB

Alex Baird - DNF ( mechanical)

Thankfully Alex's handlebars coming loose didn't result in anything worse than a red face for his mechanic, I remember Mark O doing the same with a much worse outcome ..

Thanks for Alan McLean for assisting with the timekeeping , and to all the lads for getting me out of a wee spot of bother in the mud

• 2023 Subscriptions

I have £15 to transfer to the club account. A quick check through previous years shows that Colin ran a PB as well.