Restricted Gear 10 TT 12th March

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yes, it's the opening TT of the confined events series. This is the first trophy of the season up for grabs to the fastest rider on the day, as well as early season TT league points.

2 laps of a hilly route with some challenging turns and a terrific descent. An excellent introduction to time trialling for beginners, as well as a decent warm up for the more experienced.

As normal, there will be a £3 entry fee, payable on the day, the proceeds going towards the costs of the awards at the end of the season.

The course:

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/651582320

Meet at the start at 09:45 ready for first rider off at 10:00. The start is at the house on the Gateside road, just opposite the right turn that leads to Tandleview stables.

Volunteers required for timekeeping and holding.

I will bring some cable ties.

This event is apparently attracting some high level interest across the world.

There's gonna be a Time Trial, and it's going to be great. It's going to be beautiful. There's some fantastic riders, some of the greatest riders ever, and they're going to put in fantastic winning performances and they're all going to win.

But. We're going to have to restrict entry to this Time Trial. No big rings allowed. No way. Not going to happen. You only have to look across the world at what's going on. Look at what happened across Europe, in Sweden. If you want to see what can actually happen, you only have to look at North Korea, or Russia or the USA when they allowed a big ring to enter.

• 2023 Subscriptions

As is normal for this particular event, there will be short post event run, probably to lochwinnoch for a cafe stop, bearing in mind that some will be on TT bikes and wearing pointy hats, which always looks good on a bunch run.

Anyway, riders and volunteers required so that we can get a good start to the TT league.

I imagine the zip tie would go on your front mech.

I like that even less... I understood from discussions with Alan that the tie went through the chain ring to stop the chain being used on the outer ring. Thought PVC tape on outer chainring would also indicate if the chain had been on the outer ring. As a complete newcomer I'm not sure of the specifics of this but I wouldn't want my mech being retained by a tiewrap, as inadvertent use would damage it. Prefer being DQ'd for inadvertent use than costly damage.

Like the idea of a run afterwards though. Pointy hats galore!

• 2023 Subscriptions

I thought it was restrictive gear as in bib shorts that were too tight, neck braces and leather vests!!

You can if you want. We are an inclusive club.

• 2023 Subscriptions

If there's any interest, I could swing past the clubrooms at about 08:45 for a leisurely group ride up to the start via Bowfield. If no one posts an interest I'll just go straight to the start.

Geo,

Ride past Greenacres heading towards Uplawmoor, take next right turn, once you meet the Beith to Lugton road hang a left - the start line is at the 1st turn off on the right - it is indicated (or used to be) by a "farm to freezer" sign.

Would like to have been there but away this weekend.

Hoping to get more involved in bunch runs and so after this.

Enjoy.

D

• 2023 Subscriptions

Alan, I'm happy to help with pushing off duties but the map my ride thingy is a bit vague.

Could you post the postcode so I can satnav my way there?

Cheers.

There is a video of the course on the thread below. That actual start of the course is about 2 minutes in.

http://www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk/thebunch/index.php?/topic/8374-sun-13-mar-1000-restricted-gear-tt-gateside-10ish-miles/