Track 1st March

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Enjoyable night in the Bs, first up a short scratch race and got a third. No idea how i managed to get towards the front of the race, it was pretty rapid and in a line an i was last man with about 4 laps to go, things just eased at the right time. Next was another scratch, unlike the first race i was near the front for most, thought i was nicely placed and got on someones wheel as they were making their move, they slowed though and i didnt go round fast enough and ended up swamped. After that a points, with it being double for the last my goal was to sit in and contest that, ended up leading it out a lap too long and got a third. Final race a devil, slight alteration of my usual tactic - i couldnt get to the front for the first few laps so sat in, then came to the front for a bit, then had to sprint for a couple. Tank was empty by then but only 4 left so pretty pleased.  Paul was 5th while suffering cramp in the sprint. I dont know if having a fixed gear is an aid or a drawback in that situation, sounded painful though!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yip Jan on good form tonight, the first race in particular was very high octane from start to end ! I had a bit of an off night but rallied for the elimination and got the 5th behind Jan in 4th. In points race I was 3rd in 2nd last sprint but then went straight out the race with a dead left leg which was a hint of things to come in the elimination. Foam roller here I come :)