Masters 25 March

XXX

• 2023 Subscriptions

Entered all three races (scratch, points and 500) in the F group. That's the 'old gits' group. Not the 'really old gits' group.

It clashes with the second hilly TT, but, oh well.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yep, same group, since you have now joined the ranks of us old gits.

Does anyone fancy a tandem race, and if so, where could we borrow/ hire one from?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Enjoyable but long afternoon at the track today. Some tough racing with Jason Roberts and David Blockley opting to ride in the younger group as well as their own one. First up was a scratch, was a wee bit far back when the sprint started so could only manage a 6th. Next was a points, 2 off the front and i tried to bridge but couldnt get on. Had about half a lap on the group at one point, the 2 managed to stay away and eventually lap the field whereas i got caught just before the 2nd last sprint so didnt get any points for my efforts. However managed to recover and sneak a 2nd on the last sprint. Not sure how that placed me overall, double points so maybe did ok.

Well done to Billy, 2 wins and his 3rd Cat secured in style!

• 2023 Subscriptions

My gamble with a 52/13 gearing in the 500 didn't pay off. Struggled to get off the line, and I didn't get to spin up as high as I can. Still ran 42.3, which is ok in that age group. Don't know where I finished. Got burst in the scratch race with 14 to go trying to lead the chase on a break, and finished up TT ing round.

Managed to pick up a 3rd place in the first sprint of the points race, but then took four laps to recover, by which time the bunch had nearly half a lap on me. Dug in, got back on with 2 laps to the next sprint and everyone pulled up, leaving me rolling through which I really did not want. Burst again. Finished the last 10 laps in a steady TT effort, meanwhile, Billy was sealing a win in this race as well as the earlier scratch race, and pulling in his BC points. Result.

A good afternoons racing.

We should have more of these.

A distinct rise in standard from the November event.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yes really good day if not a bit long, Jan looked strong in a very high class field , Alan rode a good 500 maybe a bit lighter gear might help.

Funny racin today in the Scratch was really in the wrong place at the back when Colin Sutherland and another got a gap think if they kept going they would have won but luckly Alan closed it a bit and they chucked it left me at the front with 2 and a half laps so jumped and won

Points was fun managed fourth in first sprint second sprint the race just stalled I jumped with 2 to go and nobody came with me last one was lead round Half a lap and had to fight to hold of Colin S so no longer a chipper