Bunch Rides 2017

Prob not suitable really as it is all day but been trying to do this for a while.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/403464230

Nice day out with 3 ferries. 70 from Dunoon- Campbeltown. 90  riding from Club. 110 if riding back from Ardrossan.  Ferry leaves Campbeltown at 1700 arr Ardossan 1930. (Poss pick up or train from Ardrossan). Time to ride back on beautiful summer's eve and grab a few beers somewhere. 

• 2023 Subscriptions

Count me in for the Campbeltown ride

I cant remember who it was but a couple of years ago someone posted about doing a ride that involved getting the evening ferry to Campbeltown then cycling back through the night up to Inverary then over the Rest.

Couldn't resist this - 

Miller St. - Bowfield - Lugton - Stewarton - Fenwick - Galston - Prestwick/Troon - Dundonald - Gatehead - Kilmaurs - Stewarton then usual route back to Johnstone 

Plenty of bale outs on route home. Easily 60 miles. Mix of climbs, rolling roads and flat. 

Miller St. - A77 (various routes) - Eaglesham (via moor) - Jackton and south of East Kilbride - Strathaven (nice choice of Cafes) - Galston - Moscow/Waterside - A77 - Clunch Road - top end of Sewing Bee route - Barrhead - Miller St. Again 60+. Easily doable in reverse with the climb out of Eaglesham a killer with tired legs. EK and Jackton roads reasonably traffic free.

Miller St - Eastwood Toll (Barrhead option available) - A77 to Fenwick - Stewarton - Dunlop - Barrmill - Garnock Valley (choice of Kilbirnie Largs Road past the golf course or Swinlees Road) - Largs - West Kilbride - Dalry - B714 to Ardrossan - Kilwinning - then pick up the Bogs Bunch route to Barrhead/or pick up Barrmill circuit past the Bonds and take in the Bowfield.  Lumpy route in either direction.  70miles+. Darryl and I rode this in prep for Liege. Plenty of Bale outs for tired legs or those under time pressure. 

Kenny Christie's Dalmally/Inverary dawn raid? Meet at north side of Bridge - A82 to Tarbet - Tyndrum - Dalmally - Inverary - Tarbet or Helensburgh - Bridge. Lumpy and requires a very early start to avoid lochside and Inverary to the Rest traffic. Right turn for Dunoon an option. Big day out 100+ and some vertical bits

Finally...... Anything that takes in the Crow Road, Tak me Doon, Callander, Thornhill and Kippen in a single day

That's July sorted for you all.

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

Count me in for the Campbeltown ride

I cant remember who it was but a couple of years ago someone posted about doing a ride that involved getting the evening ferry to Campbeltown then cycling back through the night up to Inverary then over the Rest.

That was Campbell the Ironman. Would be a good night out!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Prob not suitable really as it is all day but been trying to do this for a while.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/403464230

Nice day out with 3 ferries. 70 from Dunoon- Campbeltown. 90 riding from Club. 110 if riding back from Ardrossan. Ferry leaves Campbeltown at 1700 arr Ardossan 1930. (Poss pick up or train from Ardrossan). Time to ride back on beautiful summer's eve and grab a few beers somewhere.

I would love this one, hopefully I can get the day for it.