Super Saturday 5 - 25th February

• 2023 Subscriptions

Open for entry now: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/159509/Super-Saturday-5

Same race programme as before

Keirins for A and B

Course des Prime for C and youth

Scratch, Points and Devil for everyone.

Good warm up for the club track day on the 26th! :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Bit of a poor showing for me.

Keirin heat i chucked with 1.5 to go because i wasnt happy with a rider all over the place in front.

6 lap consolation scratch, was nowhere when it mattered, good result from Marc and Paul with a 1st and 3rd

Due to delays in the first races the points was reduced to 30 laps. So 3 sprints, with the final 1 counting double which sort of turned it into a scratch race,  Got 1 point and tried a breakaway with Sean from the Ivy mid race, we got caught. Finished 7th overall.

30 lap scratch, crash with 5 to go neutralised lap count went to 2 to go and restarted then, bit of a mess. Probably another 7th.

Devil, my usual predictable tactic but didnt last long!

Felt pretty good just nothing seemed to click into place. Lots of energy left for tomorrow night at least :)

A bit of a baptism of fire for me for my first track racing session.

In the C group for 3 races.

First was a 15 lap scratch. Managed to stay in sort of the right position and take a win on the line. (£10 prize money! Get in!)

I was warned by JWCC riders that following that I'd be marked and no-one would close breaks, etc.

Second was a 32 lap sprint race with sprints every 8 laps. At 24 I thought I'll maybe get points at 16. At 16 I hoped I'd maybe get points at 8. At 8 I thought I need to get points at the end. I was well positioned with 1.5 laps to go when I was cut up and pulled up and the front bunch I was in disappeared up the track. Finished nowhere.

Third race was a 20 lap scratch. All going well. Got to the front and then no-one behind me. I was just hung out and when I got close to half a lap clear I was torn between going for it and pulling up to let the bunch catch me. Note to self:,pull up! I just kind of stayed in nomans land for around 5 laps and when I was inevitably caught I managed to stay with the front group. At the sorint I was in a bunch of 7. In 7th and had nothing left to pull. So a 7th.

Great day, and learned some important tactical lessons (and won a tenner!)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Long day today with Derny breakdown and Kieren heats etc. Big JWCC presence in the bees these days with me , Jan, Paul L and Marc. I was 3rd in Kieren heat which got me in to minor final where I was well down in 6th from 8. Points and scratch passed me by, however my rear wheel was knocked sideways by a falling body in the scratch with 3 to go when everyone wanted to be in the prime sprint spot up the banking. Lucky to stay upright. Thankfully the fallers both ok.

Finally got my mojo back in the last race of the day and got 5th in the elimination after a superb cameo from Jan on the front before he blew!

• 2023 Subscriptions

It was great to see Alex win his first Race at the track, looked Really strong. It was a bit chaotic on our scratch with several close calls for me, but good fun none the less. Mark, Paul McDA and Ian all looked strong today aswell, looking forward to more Track tomorrow.

• 2023 Subscriptions

A bit of a baptism of fire for me for my first track racing session.

In the C group for 3 races.

First was a 15 lap scratch. Managed to stay in sort of the right position and take a win on the line. (£10 prize money! Get in!)

I was warned by JWCC riders that following that I'd be marked and no-one would close breaks, etc.

Second was a 32 lap sprint race with sprints every 8 laps. At 24 I thought I'll maybe get points at 16. At 16 I hoped I'd maybe get points at 8. At 8 I thought I need to get points at the end. I was well positioned with 1.5 laps to go when I was cut up and pulled up and the front bunch I was in disappeared up the track. Finished nowhere.

Third race was a 20 lap scratch. All going well. Got to the front and then no-one behind me. I was just hung out and when I got close to half a lap clear I was torn between going for it and pulling up to let the bunch catch me. Note to self:,pull up! I just kind of stayed in nomans land for around 5 laps and when I was inevitably caught I managed to stay with the front group. At the sorint I was in a bunch of 7. In 7th and had nothing left to pull. So a 7th.

Great day, and learned some important tactical lessons (and won a tenner!)

Chapeau Alex on first track race day :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Also a big shout for our new member Mark, there was a 6 lap scratch race for non qualifiers in the Kieren and Mark won it. I realise that may sound a bit condescending but it is most certainly not, there were 12 decent B group riders in there including the mighty Jan and Paul L. Well done Mark, I think Paul L was up ther too but can't remember quite where Ohyadancer!

:)