Track league 8th Feb

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Those of you on Facebook will see that Charlie had a crash tonight. Nothing broken and the rash will mend but be painful, more of a worry was some loss of consciousness so he was taken for precautionary reasons to hospital. Billy and Paul L were hero's getting has car home and going to hospital. He's smiling again so looks like it should be ok.

Meantime some new blood in the B group caused a violent increase in pace. 4 x JWCC with me, Jan, Billy and Paul L in the first scratch where I flogged it round for a 4th and chapeau to Paul managing fine in his first B race. Billy and Paul then left to sort out Charlie. Jan and I did the remaining 2 races and I managed to get dropped in both totally gubbed. Jan got 3 points in the points race but that was kind of it for tonight.

Ohyadancer!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Got to Royal and were waiting around for Charlie to get the all clear. Charlie just wanted to go, suspecting he had strained his groin and some pain from road rash. He must have some pain tolerence as after x-ray he found out he had broken several rids and a fractured hip. He was away to get more scans and then moved to general ward for next few days. He was in good form when I left. He is in the Glasgow Royal. Not a good night

• 2023 Subscriptions

Really sorry to hear about Charlie. The Facebook pictures including Charlie's big smile concealed a much more serious outcome. Pretty shocked to hear the news this morning that Charlie has broken ribs and hip.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Charlie!!

Andy

• Life Members

Poor Charlie, hope he gets well & back to business very soon!

I just called the Royals to see if he's good for visitor but apparently the nurse told me he's going into surgery (5-hours) now & might be ok to see folks later.

I was told to call back later to see if its all good, probably the last thing he wants is to see me after he wakes up :-)

Anyway, I'll keep youse posted if I get anymore updates on visiting schedules.

Cheers - stay safe & up-right on/off the bike

Chung