Track league 25th jan

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Frustrating night with a double puncture, one while on the rollers, the other 6 laps into a scratch race. Since I was going backwards at that point anyway, I called it a night there. Iain took a good 3rd in the sprint in the B group, so that was good.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Nae luck Alan, you just don't expect punctures at the track!

Usual blitz in B group. Good job from Jan winning the heat and getting 3rd in final of sprint. In the points race Jan got either 3 or 5 points and I picked up a couple. Then in scratch I got 5th, not sure about Jan, sure he will update later. I left to avoid the traffic as Celtic playing at home. So another good night where we were part of the action in the B group

Always a pleasure Ohyadancer!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Unlucky with the punctures, although on the positive side at least one was on the rollers and the one on the scratch race you managed to stay upright.

Enjoyable night in the Bs, made it through to the sprint final and got a 3rd. Was the lead rider so was a tough shift trying to wind it up 3 laps out then hang on...i didnt manage it. Next was a points race, i was either 1st or 2nd in one of the sprints but not sure about overall. If it was a first then it might be enough for a top 5, then again it might not be. After that a scratch, made a bit of an effort mid way through nothing came of it then just stuck in the bunch after that. Paul did well with a 5th place in the sprint. Last was a 10 lap Course de Primes, my first time racing it but i'd heard Alan, Charlie and Paul talking of it's delights. 2 guys attacked on the roll out lap they had quite a gap and everyone else was reluctant to chase so had to play a bit of poker, eventually the gap started to be pulled back then someone attacked and bridged, race was in pieces by this point so had to stop playing poker and start pedalling. Managed to get over after a couple laps chasing and then take the next 3 sprints, got caught by another rider with 2 to go but the 3 points was enough for the win. It's pretty brutal as a race, but in an enjoyable building mental strength for DA17 sort of way :)