Track league 18th Jan

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Wont be this week but from next there are going to be some changes made to the starts

Racers to enter track on the back straight, half lap roll out then the race starts. Single whistle rather than 2 staggered ones to start riders rolling. Exit on the finish straight.  If a rider is late to start then the gate will be closed and race will start without them. Aim is to get riders up and ready to race quicker with fewer delays and the more time saved here means more opportunity for longer races in the future. Just make sure you are not lining up at the back of the bunch for the half lap!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well, that was a bit hard tonight. First race had to be re-started because people didn't understand about the formation lap. Then it set off at very high speed, leaving me trailing 30m off the back in TT mode. Made up a bit of ground, but never troubled the moment deleted of the pack, far less the front. I really hate a 10 lap course de prime.

The scratch and the points race weren't much better, managing to avoid finishing last in both, then calling it a night before the devil.

A bit of excitement in the points race, with 3 riders going down, including Emma, but thankfully no one seriously damaged.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Another enjoyable wednesday night of racing. First was a 50 lap points, got 2nd in the first sprint  then a 2nd in one of the other sprints. No idea where i finished overall. Next was a scratch, was feeling alright had an attack that came to nothing then too far back when the sprint started. Last was another scratch, ended up 4th or 5th i think.

Chapeau to Emma, lots of rule 5 points today - taken out in a crash, then runs off the track to get handlebars straightened then back on to finish the race. Didnt get the chance to speak to you before the end so hope everything is OK!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Agreed, Emma man of the match ! Hope your ok this morn after the adrenalin wears off,

Busy night with big groups, good blast as always, Jan going well, Charlie, Alan, Emma had a solid night in the C's. Best I managed was a 7th on a middle of the road kind of night.

Ohyadancer!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Another great night at track. Emma is hard as nails. Knocked off by another cyclist. Think 3 came down in total but she only one to return while race neutralised. Spoke to her afterwards while she was getting patched up by medic. Road rash & bruises & reckon she will be on starting grid next week. Paul & Iain both coming in to good form & Alan Thomson is putting out mega watts

• 2023 Subscriptions

I was helper , which went ok but they moved me to watch turn 1/2 which went well until the C elimination where my job was to point out the eliminated , anyway I was sure I heard the number 132 or something over the radio so I pointed him out and told him he was eliminated the rider gave me a very puzzled look , and left the track no wonder, it was the free lap big ooopppppsss did apologise

Don't think I will be doing that again