Track league 11th Jan

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

In the C group. And i've fixed my wheel, so I'll bring the borrowed one along too. Planning to run a smaller gear 50/15 as an experiment. I should be able to spin up quicker, but I'll lose top end speed. Potentially.

• 2023 Subscriptions

B for me

Did you find out what caused your flat? Punctures seem to be a becoming a bit more regular which is worrying. The carpets look like they need a good hoover!

Yes. The tube gave up at the valve. Lucky it didn't happen 5 minutes earlier.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Sure enough, running a smaller gear meant I could spin up faster, but also meant I was spinnIng out. However, the objective was to do just that, so job done.Paul L had a good night, taking a win in the scratch, and him and Charlie picking up points in the points race. Another good night at the track.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great night at track. Good joansin turnout with me Billy Mac Alan Thomson IainmcTavish Paul leavy Paul McDonaldand Matti Dobbins all there. Matti just gets better every week and is well settled in the A groupOnce again Paul Leavy was on fire. He

Won the scratch and got loads of points in other races. I got a measly 3 points for second in one of sprints in points race and yes Leavy had the cheek to fly past me at he line. With PL & Billy Mac going well I am going to have to take a large spoonful of humility.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good night in the Bs, Started off with a 4th or 5th in the 1st scratch race should maybe have done a bit better as i was pretty much at the back of the group with 4 laps to go and my efforts to move up. Next was another scratch, possibly 5th but im not sure. Points next got a 2nd in one of the sprints but couldnt build on that . Last was a devil, tried the same tactic as saturday go on the front and try and stay there, worked for a bit until it didnt!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Indeed lads a great night again. I only really kept up with the B races as the C's were immediately after and I was warming down as per coach instructions ( in other words seeing stars ). I ended up a few places behind Jan in 3 of the 4 races, you gotta know the wheels to follow, with his 4,5,4 closely followed by my 6,7,7 :)

Jan coming into good form and Paul L could be up for a move to B group soon

Well done all

Ohyadancer!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Always a fun night, lots of good racing and chat. Managed to find myself in the right place for once and got a win in the Scratch, was bust for the last race. 

Paul I will only go to the B's if they drag me kicking and screaming ;)