North Coast 500 2017

• 2024 Subscriptions

Have a great trip lads... plenty of photos please, Darryl, don't want to see any dodgy photos of you, just watch yourself with that squad :icon_mooning

No worries on that score Ian. I'll just stick to snaps of the sunset and glorious scenery. Having said that, I'm not really one for taking loads of photos usually. Too much effort🙃

• 2023 Subscriptions

ALL NC500 RIDERS

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE WRITE-UP ON THIS. HAVE A GREAT TIME. THERE ARE SOME GREAT VIEWS, MEMORABLE HILLS ON THIS RUN. LOOKING OUT FOR THE SURFERS ON THE BEACHES ALONG THE NORTH COAST WORLD FAMOUS IS BETTYHILL FOR THAT.

CAMPBELL

• 2024 Subscriptions

Fantastic trip taking in Scotland's finest roads. We had wind, rain, sun and the occasional midge. It was certainly challenging at times but in equal measure an absolute delight. The group survived intact with no incidents - no punctures, no mechanicals, no offs - which is remarkable given how much riding was done, and when compared to the number of delays on an average club run 😂

We spent more time in close proximity to each other than one might spend with your own family. And, we managed not to kill each other, just😀

I'd like to express my thanks to all the guys talking part. Without the resolve, know how, and good humour of the JWCC, this trip would have been much less enjoyable. Day 3 was especially memorable.

Also, I would encourage anyone who couldn't make this to consider doing the NC500, or parts of it, in future.

There are lots of photos floating around and no doubt others will be on here to add their own memories, but for now, thanks again guys.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Everything Darryl said and more, a great trip! Hard, fun days on the bike and well looked after by each other, loads of full belly laughter(mainly at my quick wit & Jokes). Definitely have made some great memories which I'm sure I will remember after some sleep. 

Quotes of the Week

"Woot Woot"

"Is this the last Hill?"

"Left Yah F****y"

"Right Yah F****y"

Epic stuff, hope I don't see any of you for a few weeks  ;)

post-3986-0-23581900-1502891680_thumb.pngpost-3986-0-38772400-1502891704_thumb.png

• 2023 Subscriptions

Still laughing out loud at the above quotes Paul, Quality!

First tour away and absolutely loved it, even the windy wet bits which there were loads of!

Highlights for me were ascending the Bealach na ba, crazy winds though which made it very difficult! 3mph and fighting with everything to make the top, descending the other side was probably the dodgiest thing i've done on a bike, the crazy Irishman with deep sections as well, outrageous! 

Day 3 from Ullapool to Tongue in the sun is up there with my all-time best rides, Darryl took us off course on a road heading for the Summer Isles but turning right to Lochinver which was outstanding, single track roads stunning scenery and lots of climbing, would highly recommend. 

Lowlight for me was only the A9 but thats the NC500 ticked off so I won't be riding that section again. The weather is what it is and adds to the challenge, and a challenge it was!

Lastly, the banter was top notch as Paul mentioned so cheers to the guys for that and Darryl for the whole idea.

Where next.....