Tuesday 27th December

ginty001

• 2024 Subscriptions

Splendid day with the JWCC. One of the largest bunches for several months set off round the coast for Largs. The pace was steady which made for quite a sociable ride. The bunch fragmented after a puncture, but regrouped at the cafe.

Some of us hitched a ride on the Renfrew Bumch express as it caught us a few km before Largs. The return via Brisbane Glen allowed us to benefit from the tailwind, and after the Whinn Hill the bunch dispersed in various directions hame.

And, as promised, George was not disappointed ;-)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Sorry not to join the bunch this morning. I left home late this morning having completed post Christmas chores and made largs at 1145 just as Bunch getting settled at Das Bagelhausen. With only 8 miles in my legs decided I did not deserve such happiness and resolved to stop again on my way back later. Plan was scuppered by the failing light. Good to hear Alex out again and spotted Ian Porteous looking far too relaxed in Kilbarchan later on. That was just before my final kicking from Scott Newman all the way to Greenock.

Andy

• Life Members

It's been a while since I last venture out with the mighty yellow & blue - what a way to come back - massive bunch in glorious sunshine to Largs :-) canna beat it!

Thanks to all the wheels to follow today & especially Gerard for dragging me back to Erskine, where upon I rode solo for the remaining km back home - I'm totally goosed but loved it!

It's good to see Darryl again & in fine form too - class cannot be denied :-) Also, Ian Porteous made a guest appearance too, haven't seen him since Vlaanderen, nice one.

Hope to be out more with the bunch in the coming months, almost forgotten how good it was :-)

Cheers & all the best for the New Year

Chung