Super Saturday 4 - 7th January

• 2023 Subscriptions

There was a delay in the entry going live but it is open now.

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/157987/Scottish-Cycling-Super-Saturday-4

Same programme as before:

Keirins for A and B

Course des Prime for C and youth

Scratch, Points and Devil for everyone.

BC points available for the scratch and points race

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

As much as it pains me I have to report that Billy Mac got an excellent 2 place in the B scratch race and got himself 8 BC points. Paul Leavy also did well in the c group with a second in the Course de Prines and second in the devil. I fear it's going to be a long season. Must contact Amazon for ear plugs

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great fun think I need to rework my Kevin tactics as I can't sprint for 2.5 laps

Scratch race was just one of those races that everybody just didn't want to go so with two laps and loads of height plus 100 inch gear I went f it Ivor got me in the last corner and 2nd was a bit of a surprise

Points race was funny every time I wanted to come over the top somebody would swing up and ruin my plan

But totally knackered now

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good afternoon of racing and good turnout of wheelers. Keirin was first up in the Bs and i got boxed in so didnt get the sprint going at all. Scratch, had a couple of breakaway attempts but nowhere when mattered. Points, got a 2nd in the 2nd sprint then recovered and intended to go for the last sprint. Perfectly positioned with about 2 to go and winding it up about to launch down the banking...then a couple of guys swung up and stopped riding so had to pause and ease up too.  Frustrating at the time although it turned out my 3 points from earlier on was enough for 5th place, i probably wouldnt have placed much higher if id won the last sprint. Last was a devil didnt want to get boxed in and was feeling good so went to the front and held on as long as possible, got another 5th i think.

Great result from Billy with a 2nd in the scratch. 3rd cat in reach!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great afternoon at the track, but totally wasted now. Good result for Billy in the scratch race, and Paul is going well in the C's.

I managed to pick up a puncture while I was warming down after the scratch race, so thanks to Charlie for the loan of a wheel. Turns out the tube and the tyre are completely knackered, but fortunately I have spares in the garage.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Long awaited and richly deserved result for Billy. Without blowing too much smoke up his **** the guy that beat him has multiple British, European and World masters medals, Ivor Reid. Very well done Billy.

Big JWCC squAD as Paul L mentioned, with notable results also for Paul L 3rd and Charlie 5th in the C devil, Paul L 2nd in C course de primes, Jan 5th in B devil with me 7th, Jan 5th in points race and I won my Kieren heat but got well pumped in final. Alan T and Emma figured in there as well but my aging mind can't remember all the results !

Other news of day was Fullarton squad mentioned they are keen on DA, and judging by some of their guys in B group they have plenty horsepower :)