Audax 2017

• 2023 Subscriptions

Attachments opened ok - a lot of the route appears familiar but with no map to confirm I'm not 100% certain of all, so don't follow me!

food stops - Inversnaid is good and anywhere else you all feel like. memo to self - eat more this time!

club jerseys or incognito?   

• Life Members

Hi Folks,

Al & myself plan to ride this "unofficially" tomorrow :-/

So assuming you guys are leaving BoW 8am sharp, then we'll hook up with youse on the Northside of the Bridge (beside the football pitch) ETA 8.30-ish, please keep an eye out for us!

See youse tomorrow then

Cheers

Chung

• 2024 Subscriptions

Hi Folks,

So assuming you guys are leaving BoW 8am sharp, then we'll hook up with youse on the Northside of the Bridge (beside the football pitch) ETA 8.30-ish, please keep an eye out for us!

See youse tomorrow then

Cheers

Chung

The more the merrier. See you tomorrow :)

Hi Folks,

See youse tomorrow then

Cheers

Chung

The lure of multiple food stops was too much.....looking forward to more company.....

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good fun today with Eric, Alan Fox, David C, Robbie and Darryl, we missed Chung and Al at the bridge as we followed the crazy double lane slip road maneuver taken by the Audaxers.. Stop at Callander for Coffee and cakes but Chung & Al stopped Kippen so we didn't see them till the Inversnaid bunkhouse(great food) as we where leaving. Good weather for the most part and a nice group, Fast run home last 20km Robbie and Darryl smashed it at the front. Usual bonk by me in last kms, should have had more sandwiches! Great Organisation, Lasagne was ace by organised Graham at the end, legs shredded but worth it!

Cheers lads

post-3986-0-37318500-1497737722_thumb.jpg

post-3986-0-21984700-1497737760_thumb.jpg

• 2023 Subscriptions

Paul's review covers a great day out. Big totals in climbs and distance, enjoyed the Loch Katrine road...something different but also during the wettest spell of the day.

At Erskine Bridge didn't follow the lemmimgs leaping out across the off ramps to get to the A82, but followed the traditional route round the footie park, maddest thing I've seen in cycling!

JWCC bunch worked really well for the most part, got to expect a few cutting loose every now and again over such a long day! Always regrouping.

Special mention for the organiser Graham and his family who had coffee and food available in his back garden before 8 a.m. and then a variety of brilliant hot food, cakes and drinks at the end for all finishers to enjoy. 

:icon_yes

• 2023 Subscriptions

What a day that was yesterday, would highly recommend it!

We had everything, great long miles on mostly fantastic roads, lochs and hills galore, a bit of rain up at Loch Katrine but finished in sunshine, coo's goats and midges, tremendous scran all day, cakes soup and sandwiches lasagne curry more cakes with plenty of coffee, and Paul even got his wee book stamped!

Nice to have Mr Audax 'Campbell' with us for sections but a shame about Chung and big Al.

Massive cheers to the organiser Graham and his family for putting on such a great spread at his home.

• 2024 Subscriptions

Great write-ups. Nothing much to add except to say that this was my first ever Audax. And I liked it :)

Thoroughly enjoyed the day for all the above reasons. The only thing I would change would be to make sure I got my Brevet stamped as I woke up this morning thinking there's something missing if you haven't got the stamp ;)

Anyhow, busy looking at Audax bikes online!

Thanks for a great day out guys.