Super Saturday 3 10th December

• 2023 Subscriptions

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/157087/Scottish-Cycling-Super-Saturday-3

Not a masters event this time but the usual A,B,C and youth groups. It's an open meet so you don't need to be a member of the track league to race, although need accreditation.

Keirins for A and B

Course de Primes for C and Youth

Elimination

Scratch

Think it is regional c+ so that means BC points available for the points and scratch. So there is a potential to go from 4th to 3rd cat with 2 4th places or better over an afternoon of racing :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thought I'd do an Alan McLean style plug for the track, but would not even attempt to match his insane passion for all things wet, cold, muddy and equipment mashing.

You could of course consider a splendid afternoon in the climate controlled theatre of dreams where you can get 5 chances to soundly thrash yourself in a wonderful variety of bunch races. Or in mad crosser style you could always rub sandpaper in your throat whilst doing sprint interval sessions in front of an electric fire on the turbo.

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Op on 7th December. Think I'd be pushing recovery time to be ready by 10th.

At least you have a date now and you'll be back stronger than ever!

There will likely be more saturday racing in January (probably the 7th, although that date isnt confirmed yet)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Great afternoon for JWCC track team, Jan wins the B scratch, Charlie 2nd in the C elimination and I won my B kieren heat then 4th in final. Very well done lads.

I am as gubbed as a bogs bunch after that. Started with 4 x 6 up kieren heats in B group, 1st 2 to final. Jan and I in same heat which was a real tight finish with Jan 3rd and just missing a slot in final. I was chuft to win first race for ages. Final was an 8 up and I got 4th.

Points race shortly after and my plan was not to engage too much. However I found myself in P4 on a bell lap and suddenly something switched in my head and I thought its my duty to go for it, sore legs or not, managed to win it for 5 points which gave me 5th overall.

Scratch race next and Jan put in a blinder to take the win, chapeau indeed. I watched from a midfield 10th place!

Afternoon finished with an eliminination and we were duly inspired watching the C elimination where Charlie rode a truly excellent tactical race and finished 2nd. The B elimination ended with a 6th for me, not too sure for Jan as frankly I was seeing stars and had totally emptied the tank.

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Enjoyable day. Great win from Paul in the Keirin heat. According to my garmin it peaked at over 40 mph on the last lap so it was a fast one. Points race was next, put all my eggs in the breakaway basket but we got caught. Paul with a good 5th place which should mean some BC points coming his way (apparently the points run from December 1st so that is 2017 points already) Next was the scratch, felt good, went hard on the front about midway through to try and string it out a bit then recovered for a few laps and things opened up nicely with about 2.5 laps to go and got the jump on everyone. Died a thousand deaths in the last 20 metres but managed to hold on. Devil mostly passed me by.

C group looked to be quite a bit faster than normal with some of the youths from A and B group moved into it so that made Charlies result in the devil all the more impressive -  playing the assassin then moving to the front to control things when the numbers reduced, textbook stuff and well executed!