Track league 16 November

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good wee squadra tonight with Charlie and Alan in C and me and Jan in B.

This was session 2 of the winter for me after missing a couple of weeks. First up was a sprint heat which Iain won, well done to him. I was just not present in head and got myself seriously boxed in. Then points race where I found myself away with a young guy very early and we had 1/2 lap lead. I quickly blew and thought it would be curtains as the bunch came past. I got on just and was quite happy to hang on to end. Then I had what I hope is my only track coughing fit of the winter, 10 mins of thinking you'll never stop coughing ! Fortunately it was the interval as I could not have raced,

Things looked up after that with a 5th in scratch and 6th in devil. Roll on Saturday and track masters.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Enjoyable night, first win of the season in the sprint heat although didnt do well in the final - i was on the front and missed the jump. Points was alright, was going for a late breakaway attempt and when 2 went off the front i went across to join but they both sat up and we got caught. Scratch, felt alright but nowhere when it mattered. Last was a devil wanted to keep out of trouble and last as long as i could so went to the front and tried to stay there, managed it until 5 to go then had to ease slightly and was out half a lap later.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Tough night after a couple of weeks off. Went with the early attack in a 12 lap scratch and blew up on the second lap, ended up trailing round, a good 13/14 seconds off the pace. 24 lap scratch wasn't much better once the pace went up. At that point I decided I wasn't going to get a sprint on, so decided to TT round on the points race, and that saw me finish a bit mid bunch.

Masters on Saturday. It'll be nice to race against people my own age group, instead of kids young enough to be my grandchildren.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great night

Me & me t made tactical blunder in first race. Second race better though I ended up at front on no less than 2 occasions & could feel nose bleed coming on. Slipped back to mediocrity. In points race made a break for lap 16. Was a good one till I realised when bell didn't go thatihsd made break on lap 14. Got swallowed up on counting lap and missed points and ended up way down field but did enjoy this race. Missed devil race as I was totally pumped. Missing the previous 2 weeks does tell but still a great workout