Irvine 20th Nov 2016

Alan McLean

Wish it was a mechanical -  left calf muscle  gone and season over. 

A season that started with some promise before descending into sub par mid season ended up in Crosshouse A & E....gutted.

Well done to Paul who joined the "not lapped" club and is cementing his place at the front end of the race, I'm sure it's got something to do with that bike  :icon_mooning

Enjoy the rest of the season I may see you again 2-stone heavier and much slower. Would buying a new bike now cheer me up or "p" me off even more?

Davie

• 2023 Subscriptions

Looks like DavieB had an injury of some description(second hand information so wont speculate) hopefully its not to bad.

I had a good race, stuck in traffic for a bit than things opened up. The support from the JWCC was great, and drove me on(while they could see me). Sprint finish for 38th place haha few points in the bag.

Alan I think you are always faster than me, except that time I beat you to a podium place.. when it matters 😉 but joking aside you are smashing it! Great to see such a high turnout of JWCC and Jets, blue and yellow/gold/orange everywhere 😂

• 2023 Subscriptions

68 place so an improvement from 87 my fastest lap was lap 1 the only lap I never fell off think I could force my way into top 60 if and it's a big if I could stay on my bike .

But absolutely great fun , max power 989 watts but average power fairly low 179 need to work more , never went into my anaerobic heart range , maybe set too high now maxed out at 175 bpm

• 2023 Subscriptions

Davie, gutted for you buddy. Make use of the enforced rest to do all those things that will give you more time when you come back seriously pumped, like painting, fitting things and building things. And trawling the net for an uber machine like Leavy's.

Chapeau to all the cross team getting stuck in today

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well done the whippets. Pleased with my top 50 position today (ok, 50th, out of 58 finishers) but further away from last place than in my previous two races, so trend is good.

Loved the course, something for everyone really. Semi-technical: skillful riders like young Camerson Mason and our own Alan Mclean, mason could really fly through the sand and off camber sections while the rest of us could still ride them at our own pace. No hurdles or such like - fast and flowy instead, so if you're fit, you're fast. I'm slow!

Sorry to hear about your injury Davie - feet up and recover. And Paul might sell you his bike. It's way too big for him anyway.

Billy,

At A & E they thought I had separated the calf muscle on the interior side - but it is hard for them to tell exactly what. Have been given gentle stretching exercises to carry out to stop muscles contracting too much after any damage. After that it is just rest and recovery for as long as it takes with 6 to 8 weeks being an estimate. Would be daft for me to try and rush back in the New Year. Extremely frustrating but excrement happens I guess. My main concern is if it will always be a weak point in the future but that type of knowledge is beyond my pay grade.

Cheers Darryl - it's a mere scratch compared to your wounds!

Davie

• 2023 Subscriptions

Davie

Wishing u a speedy recovery. For what it's worth I used to tear my calf muscles all the time when running. Got ultra sound from physio & told could cycle as not weight bearing. Also after I snapped my Achilles heel I lost a lot of muscle in left calf but still able to turn the cranks. Stay off the pies and u will b fine