Masters track racing Saturday 19 November

• 2023 Subscriptions

This is an open event and is not part of the track league so you will not need to be a member of the league to race. You enter each event you want to race  individually - kilo, points, scratch and team pursuit.

The groups will be categorised by age rather than racing level - for example the points and scratch race will have a group age of 30 - 50 then another at 50+

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/155779/Masters-Open-Track-Meeting

• 2023 Subscriptions

Just checked the website. There is no age category for the 4 man pursuit. So, with me, Charlie, Andy Gumley and one more willing volunteer (Paul Macdonald) we can get a team. It's only 16 laps, how hard can it be.......

• 2023 Subscriptions

If no age limit for pursuit then Ian Mctavish should b in team. Why not decide on night who up for pursuit. I happy to give way to others if keen. Not entered yet but am I right in thinking that it is £10 per event or £10 for everything. If former a bit pricey

• 2023 Subscriptions

I don't think we'll be able to enter on the day, so we need to look at it beforehand. As Billy said, it is a bit technical, so we would need at least a session to practice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Alan, starts at 2pm. TT's first, I think Alan T is doing one of these. Then the 6 bunch races, 3 age groups X points and scratch. 4 of us doing both of these in our age group. So bunch races from about 3 on wards. If you can be there between 1 and 1.30 for sign on you could maybe get a start, you know you want to :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Small group in the 30-44s and i got pumped!

First race was a scratch, got carried away with myself and rode hard early on then paid the price for the last 2/3rds of the race. Second was the points, didnt go for any of the sprints but could sit in quite comfortable. On reflection was too cautious in this race, and too ambitious in the first one!

• 2023 Subscriptions

In the right old gits group Charlie was getting podiums with Alan just a tad behind in the 55+, then again Alan did do the 500m TT. Chapeau to these chaps.

Jan was in elite company in his youngster age group but dug pretty deep to hang in as far as I could see.

The 45-54 group had some A group regulars as well which made the points race a ridiculously painful experience with a nowhere result. The scratch race was a tad better getting 6th or 7th out the 17. It's amazing how it takes quite a few races to get that track specific fitness.

No pain no gain.

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thoroughly enjoyed that this afternoon, picking up a PB (42.06) and a top place in the F+ group 500m TT, being edged out by Mr. McCusker to 4th in the scratch race and picking up 6-ish points, I think, in the points race.

The point being, it's so much more civilised when it's all the old gits racing with no youths hammering off into the distance on the formation lap.

Great afternoon, definitely up for the next one.

Going for a lie down now......

• 2023 Subscriptions

excellent results guys, trebles all round, is there a link to results?

Results are here https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/155779/Masters-Open-Track-Meeting#results

For some reason the F+ group doesnt have BC points for the scratch and points race whereas the others do. Which is unlucky for Charlie as i think his placings would have meant enough for his 3rd cat when added to the road race result earlier this year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Has anyone else received a message claiming to be from the organiser about winning a prize and to send bank details to the organiser? It appears to have come via the BC channels, and the email addresses look good, but I'm always wary of sending out bank details across t'internet.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Has anyone else received a message claiming to be from the organiser about winning a prize and to send bank details to the organiser? It appears to have come via the BC channels, and the email addresses look good, but I'm always wary of sending out bank details across t'internet.

Exercise caution before you do Alan, unless you are desperately keen for the 'prize' (you have to pay for?).