Sunday 30

• 2023 Subscriptions

George

If you want to change the traditions of a 90 year old club to suit you feel free

I am sure all would get up that bit earlier to ensure the company of your good self , to miss your charm and wit for the sake of 30 minutes would be a travesty

• 2023 Subscriptions

George

If you want to change the traditions of a 90 year old club to suit you feel free

I am sure all would get up that bit earlier to ensure the company of your good self , to miss your charm and wit for the sake of 30 minutes would be a travesty

Dear Uncle Albert,

I am trying to preserve the club tradition that every winter we bicker about the main bunch start time.

By all means leave at 09:30 but I reserve the right to arrive at 09:00 & freeze my sprouts off just to hold the moral high ground.

Perhaps we should compromise by meeting at 08:30?

Speaking of club traditions, is Alan McLean's annual post in which he extols the virtues of snow tyres not overdue? ☃ï¸â›„ï¸â˜ƒï¸â›„ï¸â„ï¸

• 2023 Subscriptions

A good sized bunch set of this morning with much brighter weather than yesterday (wouldn't be hard!) we even saw spells of sunshine closer to the coast and again going up Brisbane Glen later on. A speedy run at times broken up by more mechanicals then normal, Billy was an early casualty at the top of Bowfield, broken hanger(?), he limped home with no gearing mech and a floppy chain strung out over the big cog, hope you got on ok Billy. This was duly followed by Iain/Jan's stuck chain link, again he headed off from Largs for a slow solo run home stuck in the small ring! AlanT's chain coming off, and threatening to do so again. Charlie's crunching gears making uphill power almost impossible and my own set up getting stuck in the small ring because the shifter cable came loose (sorted on the road). Sorry if I missed anybody out in the list of calamities, it was hard to keep up with everything!

Winter bike maintenance classes anyone?

Oh yes, we had a most enjoyable bike ride, cracking autumnal weather again, a high speed run into Largs and a BB café stop, can't beat it. Ohyadancer!    

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great run out today apart from all the drive train issues. Good weather, good, mostly sensible pace, and good craic on the road. Glad we got to the Bagel Basket before the Inverclyde Velo boys showed up, ' cos there couldn't have been much left afterwards.

Good to see Darryl out on the road again.