Loch Eck - Drum up - 23rd October

Gummers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great day Merlot from Paul mcD sausages chutney and espreeso from Gerard sausages from lan carvil. Only disappointment was missed out on Gerard's crepe susettes as my cycling chums wanted to rush back for a daft game of football. Autumnal Scotland is stunning

• 2023 Subscriptions

Another memorable day consisting of perfect weather for this time of year, stunning Scottish scenery and enjoyed with cycling friends. Lots of nice additional contributions at the 'drum up', already mentioned in the thread, thanks to all!

• Life Members

Yet another smashing Drum-up yesterday - organised & big thanks to Geoff & Linda Smith & Iain Lochrane!

An early start for me & meeting a few Wheelers along the way to Gourock, Campbell had a wee puncture just coming into Port Glasgow, but it did not delay our arrival for the ferry. A big contingence of cyclist & especially the Wheelers boarded the ferry crossing, the sun on the Clyde is always a great view & lifts your spirits!

The Ardentinny bound ones went up the climb to work up their appetite for the food to follow, well done to Jaki & Mia for their first (I think) ascent of this steep climb, chapeau indeed, especially to Jaki for her first outing on clipless pedals too (she managed to stay rubber side down all day, welcome to the world of funny cleat shoes)

The sight of an open fire as we dropped onto the shores of Loch Eck made the effort/suffering earlier worthwhile. It was great to see the 9.30 bunch as they got to the spot much earlier & helping out in building the fire & managing a few rounds of sausages before heading back for the footie :-)

This is my 3rd edition of Geoff & Iain's Drum up, I have to say it is the most varied in terms of food on offer - sausages (be it most of it burnt), rolls, crepes, mash-mallow, coffee, tea, whisky & RED WINE etc as well as among the favourites - tin soups & bread ............ it's certainly getting very serious indeed ;-)

Thank you to Gerard for his endless supplies of food & my fellow cyclist for the company & wheels yesterday!

I even managed a further coffee & cake back in Glasgow Westend before I rode home aided with a slight tail wind (which is rare) to make my 157km day another smashing & memorable one indeed!

Good to see Bill T, Iain & Mary Cowden who came along later too.

Same again next year please!

Cheers

Chung