Loch Eck - Drum up - 23rd October

Gummers

• Life Members

It's Mia hijacking Alan's account. Will be at ferry 10am. Not decided how I'm getting there yet! Not 100% sure I know what's happening. Does someone need to bring rolls for the sausages? Happy to do that.

Mia, it's better to be self sufficient, but I'm sure some folks will have bring a proper hamper with them :-) I'll be carrying my pieces in a musette bag if that helps ........... the rolls sounds like a good idea :-)

I'm planning on the 10am ferry & will meet Campbell on the cycle track just behind Amaretto approx. 8.30am-ish, so will get anyone along the track heading to Port Glasgow.

Just looking at the folks who are aiming for the 9.30am ferry, to be honest - not sure you'll get much "drumming up" done if you want to catcher the 12-ish ferry back for the football.

Geoff & Iain Lochrane the organisers & chief fire starter will be (as far as I know) on the official 10am ferry, by the time they/we get over the water & onto the shores of Loch Eck, with time to prepare for the fire, I think it'll be (from previous years experiences) the back of 11 before the fire is ready to start "drumming up" ............... which doesn't leave you much time really ...............

Maybe a wee visit to the McDonald drive-through at Port Glasgow before boarding the ferry is a good idea then :-)

Anyway, see youse all tomorrow then!

Cheers

Chung

To clarify, I am meeting Sandra, Morna and Jann at the Western ferry ready to board at 9,50 am. The on road parking Gourock side of the terminal is free all day. Best to drive through terminal and drive back to nearest space to park. Do not obstruct the bus stop!

Tickets can be purchased at a discount http://www.western-ferries.co.uk/fares-info  saves £3.40,  return fare £5.20 from  Greenock The Co-operative Food 21 Eldon StreetPA16 7UGMon – Sun 07:00 – 22:00 01475 727762 or Gourock Paul's Food & Wine 94 Shore Street PA19 1RB Mon – Sat 06:15 - 22:00 Sun 07:00 - 22:00 01475 630997 PAULS ONLY TAKE CASH, no cards.

I plan to cycle the 12 miles to the Drum up, in no great hurry, to allow the hard work to be finished before arriving. Anyone else is welcome! I have squeezed some cake to share in Grahams saddle pack, but bring your own supplies as Chung suggests.

Others leaving the clubrooms at various times and locations for 9.30 and 10.00 ferries and various routes to join in at the Drum up.

Planning to meet the 10.am Ferry. Anyone else leaving from the clubrooms at 8.30am to head along the cycle track to the Clune and can meet Graham and Gerard at 9.15.. May bring a veggie burger.              

Carol and Dave

I'll be leaving from the clubrooms so see you at 8.30