Loch Eck - Drum up - 23rd October

Gummers

• Life Members

Andy, Nice one!

I was going to post this up once I get the full detail from Richard, you've obviously got insider information & beat me to it :-) Good on you!

Having been to the previous 2 edition, I'll be heading along with my pieces & milk :-)

For those of you unfamiliar with this - a "Drum up" was what cyclist did in years gone by & it's a cycling tradition that is unique to Scotland I believe, but sadly quite rare these days :-)

A fire will be lit on the shores of Loch Eck & you basically enjoy a brew & a wee basic BBQ :-) Except for Gerard who had a full working kitchen last year :-)

Anyhow, it's smashing fun & I strongly recommend this to anyone who's interested or curious as to what all the fuss is about.

Now I need to put my order of organic free range pork sausages ................

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Andy, Nice one!

I was going to post this up once I get the full detail from Richard, you've obviously got insider information & beat me to it :-) Good on you!

Having been to the previous 2 edition, I'll be heading along with my pieces & milk :-)

For those of you unfamiliar with this - a "Drum up" was what cyclist did in years gone by & it's a cycling tradition that is unique to Scotland I believe, but sadly quite rare these days :-)

A fire will be lit on the shores of Loch Eck & you basically enjoy a brew & a wee basic BBQ :-) Except for Gerard who had a full working kitchen last year :-)

Anyhow, it's smashing fun & I strongly recommend this to anyone who's interested or curious as to what all the fuss is about.

Now I need to put my order of organic free range pork sausages ................

Cheers

Chung

Thanks Chung. I saw Geoff post on Facebook and thought I'd post before the usual round of postings for the weekend.

I haven't made it to the Drum up before so looking forward to going. What's the usual etiquette for these things? Any advice for these things?

Cheers Andy

• Life Members

Thanks Chung. I saw Geoff post on Facebook and thought I'd post before the usual round of postings for the weekend.

I haven't made it to the Drum up before so looking forward to going. What's the usual etiquette for these things? Any advice for these things?

Cheers Andy

Andy, nothing too serious about it, just be friendly & sociable I as I can tell. You do have to bring your own stash (food & cooking utensils - a tin of soup seems to do the trick as you can use the can afterwards for a nice brew) although Alan McBride was sharing his sausages around last year & Gerard was quite well stocked to share :-)

Geoff & Iain Lochrane (the fire starters) will have the fire covered & should have knifes & can opener available, but better to be self prepared.

That's pretty much it, just chill out & enjoy the warm open fire, however you do smell like a lump of coal afterwards thought :-)

Here's hoping for some decent weather then!

Cheers

Chung

me, McBride and Iain67 are leaving Bishy 8.30 to catch the 9.30 ferry, heading round Holy loch, over Whistlefield to the drum up for a bit , then the 12'sh ferry back , to be home for 1'ish and watch the game, anyone welcome

McGinty

When do you reckon at bottom of Clune and I'll get you there?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Is it only the 0930h ferry or is there another group taking the 1000h ferry with the rest of the cyclists?

I plan on going, but no earlier than the 10:00 ferry, I see missing the football as an extra reason for going!

I'm thinking of cycling to the ferry, and perhaps include the Ardentiny loop as I've yet to do it.

Could meet at the bus stop just beyond the Newark Roundabout in PG at 09:15 and go on from there?