Pre winter bogs bunch training

Mark O

Right, I've been off the bike for nearly 5 weeks (2 of which I was on hols to be fair), so I'm guessing I'm incredibly un'bunch'fit. However, I'm intending riding the winter bogs bunch this year - 'cos it suits me time wise.  I am in need of motivation and some serious physical endeavour on my part to get myself back in the groove in order to ride at least as far as Largs at a decent pace before Paul McD starts posting for the winter bogs rides.

To this end I'm aiming to get out and put some miles in on Saturday mornings to build miles initially and then some pace. Any takers for steady miles, with some intervals/hills as deemed necessary, on the usual autumn/winter routes of a Saturday morning (coffee stops optional). No apologies for me being a little short on endurance and pace being tendered at this time. These will not be killer rides to start with. Happy to meet at Miller Street or anywhere east thereof.  

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

Marko, this is music to my ears.

I have spent the past 12 months working as Christopher Biggins stunt double but have just been paid off for being too fat so steady miles away from the madness that is the main bunch is what I need.

Might struggle for this Saturday- will let you know in approx 63 parsecs.

• 3 weeks later...

Jaki,

Wind direction dependent but steady at this point would equate to in the region of 16-18 mph +/- 2mph. No daft surges or sprints and keeping it together on any ramps You're more than welcome to join us for all or part of the route. Circa 50 mile round trip back to Miller Street. It's more about the miles in the legs right now rather than eyeballs out speed.......or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

M