2016 ROCKY MOUNTAIN 1200km JULY 24TH TO 29TH

ROCKY MOUNTAIN 1200km JULY 24TH TO 29TH

THE ROUTE - https://ridewithgps.com/routes/14247577

The Rocky Mountain 1200km Brevet is traditionally offered by the British Columbia Randonneurs Cycling Club the year following PBP. The club is pleased to announce this brevet will be held July 24-29, 2016. This brevet traverses four of Canada’s mountain National Parks including the spectacular Ice fields Parkway from Lake Louise to Jasper.

While the 2012 edition was in the words of one rider, “an epic journey†which saw riders challenged by extreme weather conditions in addition to the distance and high mountain terrain, over the years this brevet has usually been ridden under mostly sunny skies with spectacular vistas of amazing scenery and wildlife.

All training done so was ready to go & feeling ready.  But was violently sick there at the weekend with a bug of some sort, so I don’t know at this point if I will even start as not a 100% & you need to be, but all the stuff is going to Canada & I will give it my best shot. It starts Mon. 05:00 pdt that’s Mon. 13:00 uk time. If you wish to track me see below.

Rider Tracking

Rider times will be updated to an online spreadsheet. The link will be added to our home page (http://www.randonneurs.bc.ca/rockymountain1200/). Please note that some of our controls (Spallumcheen, Beauty Creek or Wells Gray) have no mobile phone coverage so riders times will be delayed by several hours after those controls close. Riders may already be at the subsequent control before these control times get posted.

Best Regards

Campbell

Mrs Ironman (Ironwoman????) reports he is in 'good condition' and now chilling out. Remarkable bearing in mind he was really ill before he went. Even more remarkable- Mrs Ironman thinks he is in good condition - never heard her say that about him before under any circumstances!!! ;-)

Well done bro.

• 2 weeks later...