Sunday 3rd July Largs

• 2023 Subscriptions

How about a trip to the Bagel Basket in Largs. .

Flatish route on the way out. Track to Kilmacolm, down the Clune, Port Glasgow, Greenock, Gourock, Gantocks, Inverkip, Wemyss Bay and then Largs. Return via Haylie Brae and Kilbirnie. Bail out option is train from Largs if anyone does not fancy the Haylie, but it is not that bad really and  will regroup at top. All welcome.

Clubrooms 9.00am

Dave

I might meet you all down largs and come up the haylie with you or il be at the clubs and do my usual solo trudge home from the cafe stop.

Will confirm saturday. Planet x just ejected me for the 2nd time in 3 days, unfortunately got a bit of an injured elbow this time so see how that is first

• 2023 Subscriptions

Five left clubrooms this morning for sunny Largs. Bill, Boyd, AndyM, Carol & Dave. Good time made down to Port Glasgow, where  Bill had us stopped to admire a huge yacht tied up where a passing local advised us it has been there for a month and belongs to Mr Expedia !! . Pressed on to Wemyss Bay where we sheltered across from the station during a downpour and then pressed on to Largs into a bit of a headwind.. Bill and Boyd decided to carry on and skip the delights of the Bagel Basket.The rest Met Graham and Mia just leaving after a change of route for them. Three of us refuelled and scortched up the Haylie and home via Kilbirnie and track. A few firsts for AndyM..first Sunday run, first time up the Haylie and first time in the BB. Well done to all on what turned out to be a fairly dry day afterall.

Dave and Carol.

Thoroughly enjoyed the run, especially given at 8:00 I was not going due to the weather forecast.

Will definitely do that route again, especially the Haylie, though I kept wondering where the end was :)

Good pace from Largs, and also my first time over 50 Miles, I think we were 48 miles when Dave had his Puncture before Lochwinnoch, I worked my distance to around 60 miles.

Legs are quite tired this morning, but already looking forward to Sunday's run.